Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Goldsboro, NC

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Goldsboro, NC

Advertisements
    Anyone here near Goldsboro?

What do you, that is not on base?

I am so BORED here. Like, ugh. I have zero friends here. I used to work, but have become a SAHM. I've slowly lost contact with the "friends" I made at work. My husband's military buddies have all been relocated, or just stopped talking with him as well. It's f----ing lonely here. I feel like we have to drive over an hour to anything remotely interesting.

I hate this, so much.
  2. Regular Member
    I'm roughly an hour away from Goldsboro and let me tell you, there's not much to do here either. The mall here is decent and I have like one friend that I occasionally see. There's really only places to eat and movie theaters. Everything "fun" is in the bigger cities, so Raleigh/Durham area and Charlotte. I love Charlotte but its about 2.5 hours away and I hate driving that far just find something fun to do.

I pretty much just hangout at home by myself during the days I don't work. I clean around the house and sometimes just go on drives when I get really bored. DH has friends that come over every once in a while on the weekends and I get along with them pretty well, but nonetheless, it still gets pretty lonely overall.
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Hiiiiii from Charlotte!