Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC ladies

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Advertisements
    I'm back in NC!
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove24 View Post
    I'm from NC but living in MD until DH is finished with recruiting duty what part of NC are you in?
    Awesome I'm in the piedmont triad area.

Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Yes it's very different! Especially since I'm from a really small town.
    Oh wow that must be a major change coming from a small town. I was raised most of my life in a very small town. It literally was pretty much 2 streets! I now live in a little bit bigger town but still nothing too big and it has the small town feel. I love the small town feel.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I'm back in NC!
    Awesome
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quick question for anyone that was near Lejeune. DH and I have lived in Jacksonville for a year and a half, but we're debating moving when our lease is up in October. I'm not sure what towns around here would be worth going to that aren't too far away or if we should just stay in jacksonville. Any thoughts from people in the area?
  4. Senior Member
    Ooops double post

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBratsBack View Post
    Quick question for anyone that was near Lejeune. DH and I have lived in Jacksonville for a year and a half, but we're debating moving when our lease is up in October. I'm not sure what towns around here would be worth going to that aren't too far away or if we should just stay in jacksonville. Any thoughts from people in the area?
    Everyone has been recommending Richlands and Swansboro as alternatives to living in Jacksonville. We start house hunting for a rental next week.

6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Really? I'll start looking into those two.
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Everyone has been recommending Richlands and Swansboro as alternatives to living in Jacksonville. We start house hunting for a rental next week.
    literally so excited about this because my work has me in onslow county legit every other week. also, swansboro is great and sneads ferry isnt awful.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Jacksonville is by no means bad either, but we got screwed over with the house we're in and have been broken into plenty in the house we're currently in.(Generally only the cars, but theres always a chance of it progressing further.)
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    literally so excited about this because my work has me in onslow county legit every other week. also, swansboro is great and sneads ferry isnt awful.
    I'm excited too! We might stay in jacksonville just because DH doesn't want to commute.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBratsBack View Post
    Jacksonville is by no means bad either, but we got screwed over with the house we're in and have been broken into plenty in the house we're currently in.(Generally only the cars, but theres always a chance of it progressing further.)
    What area are you in that you had a bad experience (if you don't want to post then would you PM me?)? Im on the base's fb page and I've been told to avoid several areas in Jacksonville. We were going to live on base but we've been on the list for the SNCO housing for months with no end in sight, so we've been looking off base. I had a very bad experience with a civilian LL in Massachusetts and I just don't want another bad LL again.

10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    My mom's family is there. They are Lumbee Indians so there is a ton of them lol. I wanted to go there when he got out. But there is no jobs available. And it is too rural. We are visiting in April though. I havent seen my Mom's headstone yet. So we are going down for her birthday week.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12