Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Benning

1. Regular Member

Fort Benning

Advertisements
    I just moved her with my DB. We will be here for 6 months to a year. Looking for other people in the area!
  2. Senior Member
    we're in Fort Benning

3. Regular Member
    Hi! What is there to do around here? I don't have a job yet and sitting around the house is making me crazy!
  4. Senior Member
    nothing lol

we've traveled a lot, Atlanta has a lot to do and is a little less than two hours away (aquarium, World of Coke) motgomery is about an hour and a half and has a lot of amazing history stuff to see (MLK house and church, first confederate white house, museum of history, also if you go eat at Dreamland BBQ) pretty much only things in columbus are the infantry museum right outside the gate (which is pretty cool, I've been four times) and the midtown area that has the riverwalk. You can go white water rafting on the river, though it's starting to get colder so that might be out. the riverwalk has a nice trail for walking/running, and there's some good food down there, I suggest the Cannon pub. their buffalo chicken fondue is amazing. There is a civil war naval museum, though I haven't been yet, and an art museum. the art museum was small, but fun for kids because it has its own kid section.

if you're looking for good food, definitely 11th and Bay which is also right by the river. it's pricey but I have yet to eat anything there that wasn't fantastic. Buckhead is the other nice place, also good. Go for brunch on sunday, they have free donuts as an appetzier with raspberry sauce and whipped cream. Delicious! But beware, they don't serve alcohol until 12:30 in GA -_-

on post it's pretty much typical, gyms, library, bowling alley. they have a pub/bar on post that shows all the sports games on sundays, and has parties every now and then. On friday they did a karoke costume party for halloween.