Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Campbell

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Fort Campbell

Advertisements
    So DH and I are currently in the process of moving into our new home on base at Fort Campbell, and between managing that, immigration woes and the possibility of him being deployed somewhere in October/November and him also being away in September for yet another round of JRTC, I was hoping to make some friends as I'm having so much trouble settling and I feel very alone and afraid most days, especially when he's at work, and it's getting increasingly hard to cope especially when I feel I've been so suddenly uprooted from home, have so much to do and so many things on my mind. Thanks!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hello! I am Greta and I am kinda new here in Fort Campbell too, we moved here in June! We live off post and my husband will get deployed as well. I understand how you feel! I feel lonely most days, I run out of things to do at the house quickly! I think I understand you are not from this country, neither am I. Where are you from?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Same here! It gets really lonely during the say when the husband's at work. I'm from Singapore, in Southeast Asia, but I met my husband in Korea. Where are you from?
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am sorry! I thought I was going to receive an email to let me know you replied and I never checked :/ I am from Italy and we met there while he was stationed there. It gets even worse when they are gone, he is training right now! How are you doing with the immigration process? How are you liking it here?
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah I know how that is! And yeah because my husband is getting deployed I'm just trying to stay happy when I can. Is your husband at JRTC right now? I just submitted my adjustment of status petition, so I'm hoping for the best soon. Here's a bit different to what I'm used to (I'm from a city) but I'm slowly adjusting I think. What about you?
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yep he is, and he is also getting deployed I sent the packet for the green card not too long ago too, I am waiting for the I-797 so i can finally get a drivers license! I've heard it can take a while :/ How big is the city you are from? I am from a small town (9000 inhabitants) and the biggest "city" near me was of 50K inhabitants! I've never been to either Singapore nor Korea, but the States are very different from anything I've ever seen in Europe, the closest it can get I think it's the UK! I am getting used to it too, slowly ! What do you like to do to keep yourself busy when he is gone?
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Sorry for the really late reply! Sometimes it doesn't e-mail me for post responses either. :/ I just got my tracking number for my green card application and I'm waiting for when I can get a job. My city has about 4-7 million people I think - it's very crowded and I kinda like how it's a lot quieter here. When he's gone I try to keep myself distracted like through watching tv or reading books or cleaning up the house. How have you been so far?
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lol we don't have a tv yet but that's basically what I do too. I am finally able to drive so now it's easier! I am waiting for my work permit as well, hopefully it won't take too long. My husband left not too long ago, it's hard.. I haven't been doing very well without him, I am trying to look for ways to keep myself as busy as possible! I hope that the green card doesn't take too long, I would like to go back to Italy to spend some time with my parents for a little bit while he is deployed! 4 million of people is a lot!! How different is this country compared to Singapore?
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I still can't drive so I don't do much in the day but chores and trying to entertain myself. And I'm really lucky - my husband ended up not getting deployed at the last minute. And I'm sorry, I know it's hard and that's why making friends here is so important. My husband keeps telling me to join the FRG too but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also would like to go home to see my family and friends when I get my green card; I miss them a lot.

The states is really different from home! Singapore is so small that you never really need a car to get around, and everything is really close. It's also really crowded compared to here and it's always so hot all the time. At least here I finally get to experience four seasons. I've actually been to Italy before but only the cities and it's beautiful. Is it different here compared to your home too? One thing I really miss is the food at home, haha.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I couldn't drive for the longest time here but I had my mom ask for an international drivers license in Italy for me and I finally received it in the mail. Otherwise I'd be stuck at home!! I hope you can get your license soon, it makes everything better! I started an english class at the ACS building to get better at english, you could come too, it's free! There are three different levels, I went today for the first time and I'll go on friday as well to see which level is better for me. It's a good opportunity to meet people that are in our same situation too.
    Don't tell me!! I miss my family so much! They are coming here for ten days around Christmas time so I am happy about that, I can't wait to have the green card either to go home for a little bit while he is still deployed
    I feel the same way, here you have to drive to get around!! Back home I used to ride the bicycle too some times!! Here it would be dangerous with all these cars driving like crazy lol
    I miss the food too, I've been craving some italian foods so much.. Food I can't really find here or that is really expensive!! I enjoy cooking a lot.. it seems like everything is already ready here and full of preservatives :/
    I still enjoy frozen pizza when I don't feel like cooking though! Hahah
    I like having 4 seasons but I really don't like the cold hopefully it doesn't get as cold as it does in Italy! Are you prepared for the cold?