Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How safe does it feel to live on-post (at Ft Bragg)?

1. Regular Member

How safe does it feel to live on-post (at Ft Bragg)?

Advertisements
    Concerned about safety and school quality. Please advise. Thank you.
  2. Senior Member
    We live on post at Bragg, and love it. My husband would rather be off post, but I like it. It's convenient.. We can walk to the pool, gym, or even the commissary. I don't have any children that are school age, so I'm unsure of that.

It's as safe as any other place.. Crime does happen everywhere but I find the crime rate in fayetteville is pretty high.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    We live on post at Bragg, and love it. My husband would rather be off post, but I like it. It's convenient.. We can walk to the pool, gym, or even the commissary. I don't have any children that are school age, so I'm unsure of that.

It's as safe as any other place.. Crime does happen everywhere but I find the crime rate in fayetteville is pretty high.
    My DH feels very sentimental about the Southern Pines area. He's been there and he said he was impressed and he thinks that's a much better option. We would have on-post housing available upon arrival though. I am not sure what to think. He says he is not worried about the commute but even if I don't look at that, I think it will be a pain with Tricare Prime to commute to an extension clinic unless we get enrolled in Standard.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If I were gonna live off post I'd live in the southern pines area for sure! I've got 3 young kids and we live on post. Corvias can be a pain in the butt and you can definitely get a better and bigger off post we love the proximity to dh's work and the kids have insta friends here in our neighborhood so we enjoy living on post.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My hubby and I live in the Haymount Area, close to downtown and we love it. We walk downtown and there is a wonderful park one street over. The school district is one of the best in the county. Its a very close community. There's a Facebook page where they post things going on in the community and it also serves as an alert system for the neighborhood watch. It only takes my husband 10 maybe 15 minutes to get to work on post. It 10 minutes to mall, restaurants, movies, etc. Honestly what sold us is we drove around the area at 10pm and it was quiet and there was an a elderly couple taking a walk.