Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pals in Pensacola

1. Senior Member

Pals in Pensacola

Advertisements
    We'll be moving to Pensacola in about 3 months and I'd really love to have some kind of friend group when I get there. This will be my first time living somewhere other than my hometown, so also my first time away from friends and family. Big change, so hopefully finding new friends can help ease the transition!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think you'll do just fine making friends once you get a job or go back to school or something!! You seem like a very friendly, outgoing person
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    I think you'll do just fine making friends once you get a job or go back to school or something!! You seem like a very friendly, outgoing person
    Thank you! I'm hoping so! I typically form bonds with my coworkers pretty quick. I'll just have to get out there a lot and meet people
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    We'll be moving to Pensacola in about 3 months and I'd really love to have some kind of friend group when I get there. This will be my first time living somewhere other than my hometown, so also my first time away from friends and family. Big change, so hopefully finding new friends can help ease the transition!
    I don't know what the navy calls it but the AF has a program called Key Spouse. Join as soon as you can you will find friends who understand what you are going through right away.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    I don't know what the navy calls it but the AF has a program called Key Spouse. Join as soon as you can you will find friends who understand what you are going through right away.
    In the Navy she would want to join the FRG (family readiness group), assuming his command has one.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    In the Navy she would want to join the FRG (family readiness group), assuming his command has one.
    Thank you!
  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

SO jealous of your duty station. DG was stationed at Eglin (Destin/FT Walton Beach area) last spring/summer I was praying so hard it would be permanent. (One of 3 places she could get stationed.) Didn't happen but maybe next time. Anywho, I agree with PP. I'm sure it wont be hard for you to find friends!
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hey Girl,

I know I'm late to respond to this thread, are you still stationed in Pensacola? I live in navarre and work in Pensacola, as my SO was stationed here last August. I also moved away from my family and friends.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katybear View Post
    Hey Girl,

I know I'm late to respond to this thread, are you still stationed in Pensacola? I live in navarre and work in Pensacola, as my SO was stationed here last August. I also moved away from my family and friends.
    I am still here! I live on the Western side of Pensacola, but I go to Navarre all the time. How long have you been here?