Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ft. Benning, Georgia

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Waffle House is the best after a night of heavy drinking!
    Waffle house is ONLY good after a night (or day) of heavy drinking!

What do you call something with 6 arms, 6 legs and 6 teeth? 3rd shift at Waffle house!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  2. Moderator

I'm further south in Valdosta, GA. Humidity is def 100% in the summer. I love it though.

We have a big amusement park here, plus you can go to ATL or Savannah.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    Your cell will probably work just fine unless you're in a dead spot, but you shouldn't have to change anything. If you'll be on post you probably won't have to worry about the crazy electric. A lot of places will only pay a certain amount and then you pay if you exceed it, but the average use is so high in summer that you probably won't, even if that's how they run it there. We are a 68-degrees year-round kind of household too so I feel you there. I try to push it to 72 on one floor (we have independent climate control) in the summer just so we don't break $400, but it's been iffy. It's the one single reason I have ever wished we lived on post.
    okay good! I had it set to 72 the other day because seriously it was like 65 outside, and DH told I was killing him So not having to pay electric will be good!

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I'm further south in Valdosta, GA. Humidity is def 100% in the summer. I love it though.

We have a big amusement park here, plus you can go to ATL or Savannah.
    is that where the six flags is? I was pinning stuff to do this morning and saw a pin for that, I think it said like 2 hours from ft. benning. I pinned a bunch of stuff because I figure that DH will be so busy, I need to find stuff to do!

4. Moderator

We have Wild Adventures here.

Six Flags is outside of Atlanta.
  5. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    We will be in Georgia soon. We're moving there mid-May (or at least that's the plan...trying to find a house long distance). We'll be up North, near family (his, not mine lol).

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Get ready for some heat and humidity. That's where DH did basic and AIT. I went to his graduation and all I remember of the town were waffle houses and humidity.
    My SO is about to graduate from AIT at Fort Benning. Do you remember how the dinner and graduation went. What did people wear to the dinner?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    So, whose in Georgia?? Turns out, I'll be going with DH to Ft. Benning! I'm a little... thrown off. I had planned to stay here, but it's all good. So, what's Georgia like? how's the weather? What's there to do in Columbus? What are my chances of getting a job in such a small town?

anything you can think to tell me!
    I just came back from a trip to Ft. Benning. Georgia is hot and humid, but very very pretty and green. The town of Columbus is actually like 200K people. I thought it was smaller too, but it has everything you need there. Plus, Atlanta is only about an hour and a half away, if that. They drive crazy out there! No turn signals and seem to always be in a rush (and Im from Colorado so for me to say they drive crazy, they really do LOL) There is a zoo, white water rafting, zip lining, botanic gardens, farmers markets, lots of nice restaurants, it seemed to have something for everyone. Hope you enjoy it there!!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    I just came back from a trip to Ft. Benning. Georgia is hot and humid, but very very pretty and green. The town of Columbus is actually like 200K people. I thought it was smaller too, but it has everything you need there. Plus, Atlanta is only about an hour and a half away, if that. They drive crazy out there! No turn signals and seem to always be in a rush (and Im from Colorado so for me to say they drive crazy, they really do LOL) There is a zoo, white water rafting, zip lining, botanic gardens, farmers markets, lots of nice restaurants, it seemed to have something for everyone. Hope you enjoy it there!!

this thread is over a year old.. and actually I hated it there

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayshep1220 View Post
    My SO is about to graduate from AIT at Fort Benning. Do you remember how the dinner and graduation went. What did people wear to the dinner?
    There wasn't a dinner we attended. This was about 9 years ago now. We went off base after the family day ceremony and they had to be back by a certain time in the evening. Then the next day, after graduation, we took him home.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    this thread is over a year old.. and actually I hated it there
    Odd... it popped up on my "new posts" My SO is there now and he says its the worst state ever. I have only been there once for about 3 days, I didnt mind it... but I didnt live there. LOL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12