Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Jacksonville, NC ladies?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Jacksonville, NC ladies?

Advertisements
    Anyone from the area? I'm moving down soon toward LeJeune & I would love to make some friends before I go down there!
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I'm nearby, but not in J-vegas. Welcome!
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I'm nearby, but not in J-vegas. Welcome!
    Hi! DF doesn't really want to stay around J-Vegas, he won't let me go downtown. He doesn't even like going downtown. Is the area you live in far from LeJuene?
  4. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPlove View Post
    Hi! DF doesn't really want to stay around J-Vegas, he won't let me go downtown. He doesn't even like going downtown. Is the area you live in far from LeJuene?

The ONLY places we go downtown are Brewed Awakenings (best kept coffee shop secret in town) and New Bridge organic market Honestly, neither DB and I care for Jacksonville.

I live near Wilmington - it's about a 45/50 minute drive from my place to base but it's pretty easy. Hwy17 is not too thrilling but it's not a bad drive!

Tell us more about yourself!
  5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

We used to live in Swansboro, but now we are in Wilmington until we PCS overseas in a few weeks.
  6. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    We used to live in Swansboro, but now we are in Wilmington until we PCS overseas in a few weeks.
    AHHHH we still need to get together before you go!!!
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    The ONLY places we go downtown are Brewed Awakenings (best kept coffee shop secret in town) and New Bridge organic market Honestly, neither DB and I care for Jacksonville.

I live near Wilmington - it's about a 45/50 minute drive from my place to base but it's pretty easy. Hwy17 is not too thrilling but it's not a bad drive!

Tell us more about yourself!
    We went to the Wal-Mart down there because it's bigger than the one on Western, but thats it. He told me a story about one of his friends staying in a hotel down there & hearing gun shots. NO THANK YOU. Haha. 45 minutes isn't to bad. But in DF's truck, it might suck.

I am currently engaged to my best friend of 11 years. I live back in our hometown & he's down in NC. (Well, currently up here on leave. YAY!) I am a Criminal Justice major & plan to be a Corrections Officer. We are currently trying to conceive so I am very excited!
    Tell me more about you two!
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    Do you like Wilmington better than Swansboro? & Good luck with the PCS!
  9. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPlove View Post
    We went to the Wal-Mart down there because it's bigger than the one on Western, but thats it. He told me a story about one of his friends staying in a hotel down there & hearing gun shots. NO THANK YOU. Haha. 45 minutes isn't to bad. But in DF's truck, it might suck.

I am currently engaged to my best friend of 11 years. I live back in our hometown & he's down in NC. (Well, currently up here on leave. YAY!) I am a Criminal Justice major & plan to be a Corrections Officer. We are currently trying to conceive so I am very excited!
    Tell me more about you two!
    Aww when is the big day? What year are you in school?

I'm a grad student studying public administration. I work for my school right now, but when I graduate I plan to work in the non-profit world with kids or people with disabilities. DB and I met after he'd joined, we went through our first deployment together this year. We're planning to get engaged sometime next year before he deploys again in the summer/fall
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Aww when is the big day? What year are you in school?

I'm a grad student studying public administration. I work for my school right now, but when I graduate I plan to work in the non-profit world with kids or people with disabilities. DB and I met after he'd joined, we went through our first deployment together this year. We're planning to get engaged sometime next year before he deploys again in the summer/fall
    I was doing school for Human Resources, than Computer Systems & Information Technology. This is my first year as a Criminal Justice major. CIS is still my minor though. Your after school place is so admirable! I have not had to face a deployment yet, which I am very fortunate for. But DF wants a deployment very bad. He comes from a family line of veterans. We are planning to do a courthouse wedding between our birthdays (March 24th & April 15th) & When he is out we will have a big fall wedding.