Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving to Georgia

1. Wait...what?
    Wait...what?

Dance Moving to Georgia

Advertisements
    Hey everyone!!

If you didn't see my post last week, I got into Graduate School in Georgia and I'm moving there August 9!!! Specifically, I'll be in Carrollton, which is about an hour west from Atlanta. I'm originally from Michigan so moving to Georgia is a HUGE deal for me.

At home I have an awesome support system with my friends and family when dealing with military SO stuff, but moving to Georgia, I'm going to lose a big part of that. My biggest question I guess right now is are there any Navy SO, or military SO support groups around there? Or, are any of you from around there? lol I'd love to see some friendly faces!

Thanks!!
    Aubrey
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am no longer in GA but spent 4 years there for undergrad. I went to school about half hour/20 mins NE (I think if I remember correctly lol) of Atlanta. I really liked the city. When I lived in GA I was not MilSO so I don't really know that much about the community there. I do know that there is an Army base (I think) on one of the train lines and I used to see military members in the airport quite often. So there my be some sort of community there.

If you have any questions about living in Atlanta though I would be happy to answer those for you.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm moving about 30 minutes north of ATL this summer to live with DF. I'm not a MilSO and I am not sure about that community around ATL, either!

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

I *Kayla*! She's the best wifey and friend in the world
  4. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I grew up on Carrollton! But I'm in Augusta now :-\
  5. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    I've never lived in Georgia, but have family in ATL and it is an amazing city! There is so much to do and see and eat, it is incredible.
  6. Senior Member
    I'll be near Savannah this fall. I have no idea where that is in relation to you.😄
  7. Regular Member
    We are moving to Ft Benning in June! I am so excited! I'm sure you will find classmates who will support and distract you!
    Casey

8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AubreyLee View Post
    Hey everyone!!

If you didn't see my post last week, I got into Graduate School in Georgia and I'm moving there August 9!!! Specifically, I'll be in Carrollton, which is about an hour west from Atlanta. I'm originally from Michigan so moving to Georgia is a HUGE deal for me.

At home I have an awesome support system with my friends and family when dealing with military SO stuff, but moving to Georgia, I'm going to lose a big part of that. My biggest question I guess right now is are there any Navy SO, or military SO support groups around there? Or, are any of you from around there? lol I'd love to see some friendly faces!

Thanks!!
    Aubrey
    AubreyLee- are you still living in Carrollton? It would be nice to have a buddy : )