Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: help- Lejeune??

1. Miranda

help- Lejeune??

Advertisements
    Hey girls. I know that you guys could probably tell me more than any "informational" website ever could- so im coming to yall!! Artie(who is still in corps school in Great Lakes right now) got his orders yesterday. He will be going to Lejeune for FMSS training and then he will also be stationed there- helping with School of Infantry medical situations.

We are getting married this summer and have a 2 yr old daughter. I just dont really know where to look for any information. All the websites ive aquired are all Navy- and since Lejeune isnt a Navy base i cant find anything. Should i just look at if from the Marine standpoint? Is everything the same for us as it is for the Marine families?

Also- there was a guy who told artie that they dont get their housing allowance if they live off base (even if married with dependants) until they are an E-5- is that true? It doesnt seem right to me- but I also knwo i could be wrong.

I have tond of questions and Im so excited to be going to North Carolina - but i dont even really know what the next step is. lol i know we can really do uch til we get married and update his page 2- but im just excited to start planning- ya know??

So any info would help- anyone at Lejeune????? TIA!!!!!!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    If you are married at any rank you get your housing allowance. Only if you are single and like an E-2 I think or E-3 you get no allowance. My Dh and I got married when he was an E-3 and we had everything. If it is not a Navy base up there then what ever base it is your dh will get all the same things as anyother person with his rank. Good luck.
  3. Senior Member
    oh and he should be getting something I think now anyway because you have a child together. Look into that.
  4. Senior Member
    One more thing. If you are married in between his leaving Great Lakes and going to Washington the Navy will tell you that since you were not a dependent they are not responsible for moving you. You have a small loophole that my friends used because you have a child together. They took all of her stuff and their son's stuff to his parents house because the child was always a dependent so they had to pay to move the child still. Good luck with everything and I hope I answered some of your questions.
  5. Senior Member
    I meant to say Alaska we are going to Washington. Sorry about that.
  6. Crystal
    I am here at Lejeune. It is definitely different being on the "greenside" but Jack has enjoyed it alot and probably won't go back "blueside". I will see what websites I can come up with. Jack is getting ready to deploy and is on block leave so I am not on much at all. You can also send me a PM with questions and I will what I can answer. We are leaving tomorrow for 5-6 days though.

When is Artie going to be going to FMSS? What rank is he? That will determine a lot of stuff when he is in FMSS. If you move down here when he is in school expect LONG days and many nights without him home. You will also have very limited phone time even if he has a cell phone. If he is a smoker tell him to stop or cutback because you can't smoke while in class even after meals and such. FMSS is just like another boot camp in a way.

I am going to give a couple of sites real quick.
    http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/mcb/index.asp
    local newspaper- http://www.jdnews.com/
    housing-http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/family_housing/housing.htmlI don't know much about housing because we live out in town(actually Hubert).
    here is SOI info-http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/soi/index.htm
    here is info about FMSS-http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/fmss/welcome.html

I have been told that it is hard to find jobs in the area. I know a lot of spouses work in Wilmington or New Bern. I hope I was able to answer some questions and like I said I will have limited internet access for a couple of days. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.
    Last edited by Crystal; 05-18-2006 at 09:00 AM.
  7. Miranda
    Crystal- thank you soooo much!!!! Wow- its so nice knowing that there is someone else out there who can help answer questions and whos actually been there!!!! Im sure ill think of a million wuestions- so feel free to tell me to back off!!! lol ill PM you later. Artie is an E-3 and will be going thru fmss in the Aug-Oct session. He will be done with A school around the end of june- then hopefully leave for a week or 2 (thats when we are supposed to get married)- then he will go to lejeune to just work at the hospital i guess until he has to report to fmss on Aug 10th.

I am debating on when to move down there. It would be nice to be settled in for when he gets out of fmss, but I just dont know. Im pretty exicted, tho. Ive always loved NC- way better than Indiana thats for sure. Im pretty sure id rather live off base, too.

Have fun!! And enjoy your hubby!!!