Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: texas

1. Senior Member

texas

Advertisements
    are our texas members doing alright?
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    thankfully, my husband is in San Antonio and has not experienced the destruction like in Houston. I hope everyone is doing okay there.
  3. Senior Member
    Any Guard members being activated to go help? SO just got word that his unit might be going down to help. Only time will tell.
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Were in central Texas so just a TON of rain but I need to text April and see if she's okay she's closer to the coast.

5. Senior Member
    I've got family who live 30 minutes from Rockport, where the hurricane first made landfall. They evacuated to Austin and haven't been back yet since officials were urging residents to stay away during clean up. I was supposed to drive to Austin from the east coast today Im thinking I might wait a few days since a lot of the places I need to drive through are still experiencing bad storms.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    Were in central Texas so just a TON of rain but I need to text April and see if she's okay she's closer to the coast.
    did you hear from her?
    tell her we are thinking of her!!!
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I've got family who live 30 minutes from Rockport, where the hurricane first made landfall. They evacuated to Austin and haven't been back yet since officials were urging residents to stay away during clean up. I was supposed to drive to Austin from the east coast today Im thinking I might wait a few days since a lot of the places I need to drive through are still experiencing bad storms.
    I hope they're okay! The rain dissipated a lot today but I know they're saying we may get more rain the next few days. My sister is flying in from Florida to visit Wednesday so I'm hoping weather in Austin eases up.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    did you hear from her?
    tell her we are thinking of her!!!
    She's worried there is water getting dangerously close to her house so they are scared they may get flooded she's asking for prayers and good vibes! Hopefully their home doesn't flood.

8. Senior Member
    I hope they're okay! The rain dissipated a lot today but I know they're saying we may get more rain the next few days. My sister is flying in from Florida to visit Wednesday so I'm hoping weather in Austin eases up.

She's worried there is water getting dangerously close to her house so they are scared they may get flooded she's asking for prayers and good vibes! Hopefully their home doesn't flood.
    My sister has the attitude of "it's just stuff" but I'm praying her home is okay. Id hate for her to return home to a destroyed house.

I hope your sister makes it into Austin okay and doesn't experience any delays or bad weather during her flight.

And I'll be sending Miss April good vibes too!

9. Senior Member

Such a scary situation!!!

We are in northern TX but this whole situation is heart breaking!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  10. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys! We are good today, the water receeded overnight and our power is now back on. Our house stayed dry (thank goodness) but we had water about 10ft from the door in front and back, the people in the back of my neighborhood aren't as high as us and got water in their homes. When we evacuated yesterday I left in tears because I genuinely believed we were going to flood.

Thank you for thinking of me and the prayers are much appreciated. I think we're all in the clear as long as Harvey goes back East when he comes back in from the Gulf. As I'm typing this the sun just came out for the first time in 4 days! Hallelujah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast