Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

Oklahoma City

Advertisements
    I'm heading to Oklahoma City all next week for work training, will be there Mon through Fri. Anyone in the area? Or does anyone have recommendations for places to check out during the evenings? I'll have classes all day and am staying by the airport but do have a rental car so am hoping to get to do some exploring away from my coworkers at some point
    ~Becca~

2. Senior Member
    I grew up there, there isn't a lot, but hopefully I can make it less boring.

1. Go to the OKC Bombing Memorial and Museum. It is a very well done museum and the memorial is worth seeing, the Museum might be closed in the evenings, but if you have the time, go see it, at the very least, go to the memorial because I think it is open all the time.

2. Lake Hefner, Go to Red Rock Canyon grill one night. The food is amazing and if you are there during sunset the view is just fantastic.

3. Devon Tower - go see the Christmas decorations they have out! They are so much fun, they have an ice skating rink nearby and the restaurant at the top of Devon tower is apparently fairly good. (Vast I think)

4. Bricktown/River walk - I have mixed emotions about this area. When I lived there is a new and fresh, but as the years have gone on, it is sort of sad. Bricktown Brewery is really good. And seeing the canal is nice, something to do one night.

5. Apparently the Skydance Pedestrian Bridge is something to do/see in OKC. I remember when they built it and it was a little on the "Huh?" side. But apparently it is supposed to be Scissor tail flycatcher. Basically, It is a really weird bridge.

6. Stockyard District - I probably wouldn't do too much exploring at night by yourself, but Cattleman's Streak house is probably the best streak houses in Oklahoma.

7. If you want to go on an adventure, go to Eischen's Bar! It is a fair bit north in Okarche It isn't a bar ( they only sell a small selection of beer, lol.) BUT, some of the best fried chicken.
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    I grew up there, there isn't a lot, but hopefully I can make it less boring.

1. Go to the OKC Bombing Memorial and Museum. It is a very well done museum and the memorial is worth seeing, the Museum might be closed in the evenings, but if you have the time, go see it, at the very least, go to the memorial because I think it is open all the time.

2. Lake Hefner, Go to Red Rock Canyon grill one night. The food is amazing and if you are there during sunset the view is just fantastic.

3. Devon Tower - go see the Christmas decorations they have out! They are so much fun, they have an ice skating rink nearby and the restaurant at the top of Devon tower is apparently fairly good. (Vast I think)

4. Bricktown/River walk - I have mixed emotions about this area. When I lived there is a new and fresh, but as the years have gone on, it is sort of sad. Bricktown Brewery is really good. And seeing the canal is nice, something to do one night.

5. Apparently the Skydance Pedestrian Bridge is something to do/see in OKC. I remember when they built it and it was a little on the "Huh?" side. But apparently it is supposed to be Scissor tail flycatcher. Basically, It is a really weird bridge.

6. Stockyard District - I probably wouldn't do too much exploring at night by yourself, but Cattleman's Streak house is probably the best streak houses in Oklahoma.

7. If you want to go on an adventure, go to Eischen's Bar! It is a fair bit north in Okarche It isn't a bar ( they only sell a small selection of beer, lol.) BUT, some of the best fried chicken.
    This is all very helpful, thank you so much!!
    ~Becca~

4. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    She covered it pretty much. I am going to Eischens for my birthday this weekend. I have been drooling for 3 months since it was planned. I will just miss you though as I leave Sunday afternoon.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I'm heading to Oklahoma City all next week for work training, will be there Mon through Fri. Anyone in the area? Or does anyone have recommendations for places to check out during the evenings? I'll have classes all day and am staying by the airport but do have a rental car so am hoping to get to do some exploring away from my coworkers at some point
    Ahhh I'm only 2 hours away but I'm going to be in Australia!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    She covered it pretty much. I am going to Eischens for my birthday this weekend. I have been drooling for 3 months since it was planned. I will just miss you though as I leave Sunday afternoon.
    I'm debating if I should venture up to Eischen's by myself or wait to see if my coworkers want to go. I am def on my own Mon night and I'm not sure if that's the type of place they'd like so I might just go up there on my own Have fun for your bday weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Ahhh I'm only 2 hours away but I'm going to be in Australia!
    Have fun!
    ~Becca~

7. Senior Member
    I'm debating if I should venture up to Eischen's by myself or wait to see if my coworkers want to go. I am def on my own Mon night and I'm not sure if that's the type of place they'd like so I might just go up there on my own Have fun for your bday weekend!

Have fun!
    if you ever come back to the area let me know!
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    if you ever come back to the area let me know!
    I should be in Ft. Worth in March!
    ~Becca~

9. Senior Member
    I should be in Ft. Worth in March!
    Really?!?!? Thats awesome! I'm about a half hour from there! Def let me know!
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Really?!?!? Thats awesome! I'm about a half hour from there! Def let me know!
    I'll keep ya posted when it gets closer!
    ~Becca~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast