Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Antonio

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

San Antonio

Advertisements
    Who's there?!

I'll be visiting for about 4 days at the end of the month!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Not currently but DH's family lives there so I can tell you to GO TO THE RIVERWALK. And for the love of God eat Tex Mex and kolaches.

(Not sure if you've ever been to TX or not but you know lmao)
  3. Senior Member
    Not there but I love it there and I know all the historical stuff to check out if you're interested in that.

4. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    Not currently but DH's family lives there so I can tell you to GO TO THE RIVERWALK. And for the love of God eat Tex Mex and kolaches.

(Not sure if you've ever been to TX or not but you know lmao)
    I've never been, lol. I definitely have the riverwalk and alamo on my list! And I'm excited to actually eat real tex mex! I don't know how much time I'll have (going for a job interview).

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Not there but I love it there and I know all the historical stuff to check out if you're interested in that.
    yes please!
  5. Senior Member
    Go to the Alamo. They’ve really developed the area in the past years to make it more into a museum. Then ask someone about the basement in the Alamo (lemme know if you get that movie reference ). Next, make a trip to San Fernando Cathedral where the remains of Travis, Crockett, and Bowie (the defenders of the Alamo) are buried.

There’s Mission Trail. This will require a little driving if you want to see all the missions. My favorites are Mission Conception and San Juan.

Visit the River Walk. You can ride boats on the river and do some people watching. Or just sit down at one of the many restaurants and eat some awesome Tex-Mex. Be sure to see the River Walk during the day and at night if you can.

Check out the Tower of Americas. It’s basically Texas’ version of the Space Needle. There’s a revolving restaurant at the top that takes 1 full hour to spin all the way around. You’ll get beautiful views of the city up there.

I’ll add more later if I think of anything.
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 03-09-2016 at 07:04 PM. Reason: wrote the wrong mission name

6. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Go to the Alamo. They’ve really developed the area in the past years to make it more into a museum. Then ask someone about the basement in the Alamo (lemme know if you get that movie reference ). Next, make a trip to San Fernando Cathedral where the remains of Travis, Crockett, and Bowie (the defenders of the Alamo) are buried.

There’s Mission Trail. This will require a little driving if you want to see all the missions. My favorites are Mission Conception and San Jose.

Visit the River Walk. You can ride boats on the river and do some people watching. Or just sit down at one of the many restaurants and eat some awesome Tex-Mex. Be sure to see the River Walk during the day and at night if you can.

Check out the Tower of Americas. It’s basically Texas’ version of the Space Needle. There’s a revolving restaurant at the top that takes 1 full hour to spin all the way around. You’ll get beautiful views of the city up there.

I’ll add more later if I think of anything.
    Thank you!! These are all awesome suggestions!

7. Senior Member

Such a stupidly awesome movie!

When we were in CA, on the way to Palm Springs I made a pit stop to visit the life size dinosaur buildings that are in that movie.

8. Senior Member
    Got to Market Square! They have some amazing Mexican food restaurants and cute little shops. Always a fun time down there.

I love San Antonio, it is one of my favorite cities.
  9. Senior Member
    I'm in San Antonio! If you've never been, yes the river walk is fun, though overly priced and you can get really good tex mex off the river walk too. The Alamo is cool too obviously, though my favorite place to go is actually the Witte Museum.

my favorite place to get mexican food is actually chuy's, which is a chain but Matamoros on I10 is really good too, and if you're set on eating at the river walk Cafe Ole is great, and they're famous for their 60 oz margaritas!