Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question for my central Texas residents

1. Regular Member

Question for my central Texas residents

Advertisements
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I didn't know where else to put it.

I was wondering what internet provider do you guys use?

When DH and I moved here we had to get internet situated fast because I had online classes to take and so we signed up for centurylink. And tbh it is the worst pos internet connection ever! Starbucks has better wifi than this -_- the download and upload speeds in the speed test result was less than .90 Mbps. That is horrendously slower than a snail. When DH is watching netflix in the other room, my streaming speed is just nothing but buffering..

Do you guys use a different provider? What are your upload/download speeds?
  2. Senior Member
    I'm not in Central Texas. I'm in west Texas, but we use Time Warner Cable. We have the "Extreme" internet. It's great for us and we have a PS3, a PS4, two laptops, a PS Vita, a tablet, two smart phones... and it's still pretty fast.

3. Regular Member
    Yeah DH talked about Time Warner a couple of weeks ago. I need to look into that in the morning.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm in NM and we have Suddenlink. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but they suck. Their customer service is awful and they've suddenly stopped carrying Viacom channels so there goes my Teen Mom.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

When we lived in Killeen we also used TWC. I'm with Suddenlink now because TWC doesn't service the area we live in.

We never really had too many issues with them especially relating to speed, it was always decently fast. It did seem to be somewhat unreliable though, like once a week it would freak out and randomly connect/disconnect for a few hours.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsChoouls View Post
    Yeah DH talked about Time Warner a couple of weeks ago. I need to look into that in the morning.
    The only thing I don't like about TWC is the price. Extreme internet is a little expensive. Here, we pay $60/month. On Tuesday, we're upgrading to the Triple Play package, with extreme internet, which was even more expensive. I'm not sure if you'd be looking to get a cheaper price on it, but I know I got the triple play price down from $120 after taxes down to $90 after taxes by haggling with them.

7. Senior Member
    Both DH's and my parents live in the Austin area and use AT&T Uverse... They seem to like it

8. Senior Member
    Not there anymore but we had switched from TWC to Centurylink. Personally we preferred Centurylink. If you are having trouble with internet speed it may be your lines. We had that problem and they came out and fixed it.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    Not there anymore but we had switched from TWC to Centurylink. Personally we preferred Centurylink. If you are having trouble with internet speed it may be your lines. We had that problem and they came out and fixed it.
    Yeah I called them to see whats up this morning and its just the area I'm in they don't have any faster connections here than the one I'm with which is 1.5mbps and its super slow imho, but that's probably the spoiled brat in me talking because back at home we had verizon fios.