Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Riley

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Fort Riley

Advertisements
    Hi there!

So my boyfriend got his orders to Fort Riley and after tons of searching we finally found a house and we'll be moving at the end of next month. I'll be coming from Georgia by way of New York. I moved down there to be with him while he did his MCCC at Fort Benning.

Hoping to meet other Milsos in the area! I'm excited yet pretty nervous because everything is so new to me. Excited to see what Kansas has in store!

-Cynthia
  2. Senior Member
    My DB just moved to Ft Riley a couple days ago I will hopefully end up moving up there as well once I graduate in a couple months from now. Are you guys moving off post?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah we're living off post in Junction City. How does your boyfriend like it so far? We've never been to the midwest so we have no idea what to expect.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have driven past Ft Riley a time or two. Seems like a decent area.

to msos!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cynthalexis View Post
    Yeah we're living off post in Junction City. How does your boyfriend like it so far? We've never been to the midwest so we have no idea what to expect.
    He hasn't really had the chance to get out much yet besides Walmart and the like lol but he mentioned that the post is really nice with a bunch of historic sights. From what I've heard so far there isn't a whole lot do in the area, however if you are into outdoor activities it's great. And that the weather is rather bipolar and changes quickly.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I have been in Fort Riley for a few months now. I also live in Junction City. This place is what you make it but there is not a lot to do in the area. Welcome to the area! If you need help finding anything I will be as helpful as possible!
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Welcome to fort riley!!
    Don't listen to most people out here, they say there's nothing to do and that you'll grow to dislike it. I honestly believe it's what you make of it, Our experience has been great so far! Been here a year, 9 months of those my SO was deployed so I had to feel it out for myself so believe me when I say there is PLENTY to do!
    https://youtu.be/Mvk6GS0PCJY
  8. Senior Member
    I lived in Kansas for 5 years. Its boring. You have to travel to bigger cities for any excitement. I dont hate Kansas and would go back, but just saying there really is not much to do. If you get time go to Manhattan or Lawrence, those are pretty neat town.
  9. Regular Member
    I met my boyfriend when he was at Fort Riley and I went to Kansas State University. I did not spend much time in Junction city but manhattan is only 30 minutes away and its got a pretty great atmosphere and bar district. Kansas City is only 2 hours away and there is a ton of stuff to do there. Great place to go for a weekend away.
  10. Senior Member
    This post is 3 years old
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast