Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DFW

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

DFW

Advertisements
    After much looking and going through many different cities I think we are going to settle with the DFW area. We are looking at houses all over but have a few towns that have houses that we really like. No job as of yet so we are starting with a house we like and word of mouth for towns and then jobs from there. Some of the towns are Azle, Arlington, North Fort Worth, and Keller on one side. And, Garland, Savannah, Denton, and Princeton on the Dallas side. Does anyone have any insight on any of these areas. Stay away all together, good for families, crimes, fun things to do, shopping.......
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Question.. why would you get a house first and then the job?
    Some of those places are far out from the city, should you get a job in Dallas or Fort Worth... unless commute doesn't matter.

Although my in-laws live in the area, I am not sure which are the better or worse places to live. My parents used to live in Argyle (right next to Denton) and it was a great area and the school district was decent. My sister used to live in Denton and she really liked it there, again decent schools.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    This is going to be our last move (hopefully). So we are putting a lot of focus on the house we choose. He is in college so his job once he gets his degree is going to change anyways. So we could find a job and move next door and then once he gets his degree the job he wants be an hour away. He has found jobs in all of those general areas he could apply for. Commute is not a big deal either way though. He is used to commuting 45 minutes or so where we just lived and where we grew up. And we are used to driving an hour or more to get to appointments as needed. We are rural people by nature. We dont mind being in the suburbs either though.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    That makes sense...

in the meantime I asked the in-laws about those areas.. and like most places, its hit or miss. Some of those areas have really good section, and some really bad ones. You would have to go there and see which areas you are comfortable with.

Like Denton, for example. Its a pretty big city and there are good parts to Denton and bad parts. The better parts are closer to Flower Mound and Lewisville, the not so good parts are on the other side near the college and Fort Worth. Same with Arlington, the further you are way from the mall and the college the better.. whereas towards the mall and other side of I20 its not good at all.

It might be better for you to go there first and figure out what parts of each city you like. Many of those you listed are really large and hard to determine just by city name if its good or not. Would need a specific address to determine the area and know whether or not its safe or good.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Senior Member

I am from Keller, really nice place to live. I live in Portland, OR now but my mom still lives in Keller. It's near Alliance airport and the Texas Motor Speedway is down the freeway so jobs wise it has been good last I heard, the area is growing quickly.
    I also went to a private school in Denton, it's a college town with UNT and TWU there.
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Thanks for the help ladies. Keller has been on the top of the list for a while. It looks really nice. And most of the houses have been in Keller.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am new to the site hopefully you have a great home. We are in the Plano area of DFW. They have lots of shopping, great schools everything you could ever want. I have only been to Fort Worth once, but I love the western feel to it. I am looking to meet up or chant with other families that that there spouses or in the service or retired.