Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort hood!!!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Big Grin Fort hood!!!!

Advertisements
    hey ladies !! im moving to fort hood next month ! SUPER EXCITED :-D any advice for on post housing? husband going to look at some places tomorrow ! any advice is appreciated thank you
  2. Senior Member
    Gotta be more specific on the info you are looking for dear.

to the area btw.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I don't have any advice on post housing (the lovely lady above me could answer any questions you have though ) but we are in the area and can answer any questions about Killeen, Hood or the surrounding areas!

welcome!

4. Regular Member
    Kids? No kids? Do you need a fenced in yard for your dog?

I live on post and we don't have kids, just two cats. Our house is pretty decent for just the two of us...two bedroom, one bath. Pretty standard apartment size. Utilities included and all that jazz...just make sure you don't go above your allotment for energy and you won't have to pay for anything. Cable is Time Warner Cable and their prices suck. We just have internet and no cable and use Netflix.

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of the house, so I can't really help you out. Depending on what you need, one village would be better than others.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hi hi!

I'm at Ft. Hood but I don't know anything about on post housing ... I know there is a lot of it though.

There are several of us here so you definitely have to come meet people!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There's apparently a lot of empty on post housing too, Tojai. I saw something somewhere if you live off post and move on they'll give you $1,000 O.o Dunno how true that is.

Anyway, Welcome to Hood (almost, lol)! Where are you coming from? Excited to be in TX? Let us know if you have any questions. (Not that I'll know any answers about Army stuff, but someone else here will ).
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post
    There's apparently a lot of empty on post housing too, Tojai. I saw something somewhere if you live off post and move on they'll give you $1,000 O.o Dunno how true that is.

Anyway, Welcome to Hood (almost, lol)! Where are you coming from? Excited to be in TX? Let us know if you have any questions. (Not that I'll know any answers about Army stuff, but someone else here will ).

Its only $500. A lot is empty because its being renovated/is uninhabitable and they don't have the money to renovate. They moved us from our old house so they could knock it down and rebuild but its still just sitting there.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy