Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: fort hood housing

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

fort hood housing

Advertisements
    hi all ! need some help, so mid january i'm looking to move to killeen TX to be with my fiance' currently looking at stone kill apartment complex but i saw some pretty bad reviews. just wondering if anyone can suggest some places to live preferable close to post and something that accepts pets I have a 4lb pomeranian. thanks so much !
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

AVOID STONE HILL.

Oh my god, the nightmare. We signed a lease without seeing the actual unit. (STUPID!) It was such a disaster. Thank God we were able to get out of it. It was literally unlivable. Let me give you a quick synopsis:
    The laundry: there were missing pipes, so you wouldn't be able to hook the water up to the washer
    Kitchen: When you turned on the water at the sink, the water came out from under the sink rather than at the spicket
    Half bath: Toilet wouldn't stop flushing when flushed
    Full bath: Toilet wouldn't flush at all. When we fiddled with the water knob, black sludgy stuff came out. Water at the tub came out only scalding hot.
    There was mold throughout, bugs, water damage etc etc etc. This was all in a unit that had been cleared for rental and assigned.

We were provided a different unit that they swore was 100% ready to go. We first checked the half bath. We did a test flush and water started spewing everywhere. We didn't look at the rest of the unit.

We ended up going to Hunters Glen, which was better by leaps and bounds. It was a little more expensive, and kinda rough for my taste, but Killeen in general is kinda rough for my taste.

Most places don't have a problem with small dogs
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    OMG thats Horrible! thank you so much for your story !! ill look at hunters glen !!

Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    AVOID STONE HILL.

Oh my god, the nightmare. We signed a lease without seeing the actual unit. (STUPID!) It was such a disaster. Thank God we were able to get out of it. It was literally unlivable. Let me give you a quick synopsis:
    The laundry: there were missing pipes, so you wouldn't be able to hook the water up to the washer
    Kitchen: When you turned on the water at the sink, the water came out from under the sink rather than at the spicket
    Half bath: Toilet wouldn't stop flushing when flushed
    Full bath: Toilet wouldn't flush at all. When we fiddled with the water knob, black sludgy stuff came out. Water at the tub came out only scalding hot.
    There was mold throughout, bugs, water damage etc etc etc. This was all in a unit that had been cleared for rental and assigned.

We were provided a different unit that they swore was 100% ready to go. We first checked the half bath. We did a test flush and water started spewing everywhere. We didn't look at the rest of the unit.

We ended up going to Hunters Glen, which was better by leaps and bounds. It was a little more expensive, and kinda rough for my taste, but Killeen in general is kinda rough for my taste.

Most places don't have a problem with small dogs
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

A lot of rental companies have duplexes for fairly cheap prices, we rent from HP Rentals and the area we live in I love, we have had zero problems with our place and our home is fairly close to Hood.

Only thing is we can't have pets, idk if that's specifically with the rental company or just for specific units but it depends! There's a lot of rental companies if you google them, you don't have to necessarily stick to apartment complexes!

5. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    We lived in the Remington Apartments on Twin Creek Dr and loved it. The apartments are really nice, its on the Harker Heights side of Killeen but still on the main drag, only about 5 min. from post without traffic and the management is fantastic.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson