Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anybody at Ft Lost in the Woods (Leonard Wood)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Anybody at Ft Lost in the Woods (Leonard Wood)

Advertisements
    OK, so the DH has orders to Leonard Wood, reporting date of Feb 2014...leaving from Ft Meade, MD Jan 2014. Please help me! LOL I can't find much about this installation! oh gracious *sigh*

~Toya
  2. Regular Member

I visited there

Quote Originally Posted by Toya920 View Post
    OK, so the DH has orders to Leonard Wood, reporting date of Feb 2014...leaving from Ft Meade, MD Jan 2014. Please help me! LOL I can't find much about this installation! oh gracious *sigh*

~Toya
    Hubby was there in 2010 for AIT. I flew out there in October and stayed a couple of days so we could drive back home together from AIT. The post is quite nice and clean. My husband loved all the great storms they would have out there, lol. But he actually enjoyed Ft Leonard Wood, even though there really wasn't much to do. I believe Springfield is only an hour away, and he would go there periodically, and I think St Louis (which is pretty cool) was 2 hours? Not completely sure. My understanding is that on post housing is nice too (I can't remember if I've seen it). I think it's more of a post for outdoor activities like fishing. If you want city life you may need to drive a little farther.

I'm not sure if you want to live on post or not, but I've found great info on YouTube and Moving House for the Military Spouse. Good luck.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yes, I did look at Moving House for the Military Spouse but I wasn't impressed with the pics already on there which prompted me to make the "pre-decision" to live off post lol. Of course, once we get there I will request to look at a house in person but for now I'm looking at off post housing also. I did find a lot of outdoor activities and luckily my family is the adventurous type so hopefully they can do the camping and fishing thing while I'm in a nice log cabin with 4 walls and a roof. LOL