Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Odd question about water

1. Regular Member

Confused Odd question about water

Advertisements
    Can you drink the water down there at Ft Hood? Up here in WA we just drink straight from the tap, but I know there are some places like AZ where that's not advisable. If not, do you have water coolers? How expensive are they?

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We live on post and our water is nasty. It's like drinking from a pool >.< It's full of chlorine and who knows what else. I just buy jugs of water now because it's so bad even the Brita we got didn't do anything to it. It actually gives me heartburn if I drink it. And I think it was making the dog sick too... So she drinks bottled water now as well, lol.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'm not sure about that area, but we drink from our well in Arizona. It has high levels of Arsenic so we have an RO system to filter it. We've had it for about 15 months now, and I prefer it to using either regular bottled water or the big water coolers. It's low maintenance, filter change every six months.
  4. Senior Member

The 20 years I lived in Arizona we always drank the tap water. We had a well on our property; probably wouldn't have done so if it was city water. And they tested annually for arsenic and other stuff.
    I'm not sure about Ft Hood, but the taste could also influence your decision.

5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

We drink from the tap all the time (we're off post) and it tastes just fine! I mean it's not like they greatest water but it works! I make a lot of sweet tea which is cheap and easy so there's usually a gallon or two of that around but that's made with tap water. That or Koolaid or lemonade!

6. Regular Member
    OK, good. I just remember years ago I went to AZ (the Tempe area), and I made the mistake of drinking the tap water there. I became violently ill. I mean, really, really sick. I don't want to repeat that, lol. I know in some areas of the country people invest in water coolers, so I wasn't sure if it was common there or not.
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    We're not in Killeen but we're only a couple hours away and we drink out of the tap. Because my DH installs water softners and ROs for a living we have both but it's not needed just an added luxury type thing.

8. Regular Member
    OK, right on. Thanks. Good to know. I just didn't want the kids drinking it if it would make them sick. We've only ever lived in WA (with the exception of my husband), so I wasn't sure.