Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft Hood!?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Jump for Joy Ft Hood!?

Advertisements
    So originally I posted that my boyfriend got his orders for Ft. Bliss but those got changed and now we are headed to Ft. Hood! What are some areas that are good places to live? I am hoping to attend one of the universities there so we would like to be close but it doesn't have to be super close! We can't wait to move there. What is there to do around there?
  2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Dang we are getting a lot of new girls

That's awesome though, I'm so excited more people off of here are coming here I think it would make for some bigger get togethers for everyone!!

Anywho, since y'all aren't married I'm guessing you're going to be looking for off post housing? There are a few good areas but to be honest, a lot of Killeen just isn't admirable to live in... Since its just you two I would look into Harker Heights or Copperas Cove maybe, you could probably find a small apartment in a nicer area for cheaper! Of course, you could find a cheap one bedroom in Killeen but its probably going to be in a not so great area and you don't want that.

As for stuff to do, there really isn't much... Austin is about an hour away and that is always fun and they have a lot of good universities but there's also a branch of A&M right in Killeen and Central Texas College is here. There's a shooing center in Heights and 45 minutes down the road is the Round Rock outlets but again, to be honest, Killeen is not all that ideal it's definitely what you make of it!

3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Yea we are looking for off post housing so a one bed is perfect. What about the areas further away like Georgetown, Waco, or Belton? I was thinking of Texas A & M Austin, the two you mentioned, maybe Baylor U, and who knows where else....it's all still up in the air and it depends on where I get in. We don't mind driving but we were looking at some places in between too as options to live. As for the shooting center and the outlets those are right up my alley Do you and your husband live on post or close to post?
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

We're about 5 miles off post, I really like our duplex it's big and it's in a good neighborhood!

I actually grew up in Georgetown that's where my entire family is so if you have questions about there, I can pretty much tell you anything! They have Southwestern University but it's more of a private funded college so it's harder to get into. Waco is a nice area, there's a lot more to so there and Baylor is a great school it's just an hour or so away from Fort Hood! Hood is kinda in the middle of no where it is within a decent driving distance to a lot of great cities its just always a pain in the butt making the drive!

5. Senior Member
    I'm an on-poster so I'm not really any help. But to the area.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy