Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft. Bliss

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Shocked Ft. Bliss

Advertisements
    So my DB just got his orders for Ft. Bliss starting in November. I will be moving there with him to start/complete my credential and just be closer to him. Are there any safer areas around there to rent an apartment/house? We don't want to be in a terrible area. Also, what are some fun things to do around there? I've only lived in California so this is going to be a big move and a big change for me. Im nervous but very excited for this new adventure! If anyone has advice on anything that would be much appreciated.
  2. Senior Member
    I fucking hated bliss and El Paso when I was there. But you sound like you have a better attitude than I did, so maybe that will help you.

The east and west sides both have safe and bad areas that include apartment housing. There's a lot to do on post at the Freedom Crossing Area.
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm at bliss right now. It's been almost a year and it's not my favorite place but definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. I live in Socorro and it's been great so far. Nice neighbors and we love our house. I hope you enjoy the move!
    i carry your heart, i carry it in my heart
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I am at Bliss as well, I am actually from El Paso and absolutely hate it lol. There really isn't much to do around here everything gets old real quick. But east side is definitely the safest. I'm sure you all will make the best of it, El Paso can be nice and fun at times I'm just sure your going to miss Cali. Like you said it is a new adventure and a different experience. Wish you all the best!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My niece and her husband are there now and have built a good/happy life for themselves. My sister and her husband did a tour there a few tours back and it wasn't their favorite duty station, but they didn't hate it. I visited while my sister and her husband were there and was not overly impressed and got the sense I would likely struggle to find my happy place there.
  6. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I find the El Paso Calendar very useful lol. There is always something going on so if I'm bored I just check it out.
    i carry your heart, i carry it in my heart