Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Hood gate closures.

1. Grouchy Hag
    Grouchy Hag

Fort Hood gate closures.

Advertisements
    If you live on the east side of post or come onto post through these gates at all, this might be good information to know.

From the III Corps Facebook Page:

TWO GATE CLOSURES BEGIN JULY 8: Until further notice, two access control points, the Frank Mayborn Gate and the Highway 195 Gate, both located on the east end of the installation off of Rancier Avenue, will close each week day beginning Monday.
    The Mayborn Gate will close to inbound traffic at 7:30 a.m., and to outbound traffic at 8 a.m. The Highway 195 Gate, adjacent to the Mayborn Gate, will close to both inbound and outbound traffic at 7:30 a.m. Both gates will reopen to in and outbound traffic no later than 5 p.m. each week day.

Now I'm going to have to drive all the way to main gate just to get off post, ugh.
  2. Senior Member
    What neighborhood do you live in? There are several other gates that side of post.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  3. Grouchy Hag
    Grouchy Hag

Patton Park. Like, I could throw a rock at East Gate practically.
  4. Senior Member
    Yeah I guess you are about halfway between Main and 10th St.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

It's just because of the Hasan trial, DH said its a pain in the butt but they have to be "pre-cautious" about the whole thing

Ridiculous.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    It's just because of the Hasan trial, DH said its a pain in the butt but they have to be "pre-cautious" about the whole thing

Ridiculous.
    Post has basically been on modified lockdown for almost a year because of this trial. Soooo ready for it to be done and over with.

― Rose Kennedy
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    Post has basically been on modified lockdown for almost a year because of this trial. Soooo ready for it to be done and over with.
    Apparently the guy was trying to postpone it again by hiring an attorney now but the judge turned it down. They start jury selection on the 9th.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    Apparently the guy was trying to postpone it again by hiring an attorney now but the judge turned it down. They start jury selection on the 9th.
    finally!

― Rose Kennedy