Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Hood ladies--dress help

1. Senior Member

Fort Hood ladies--dress help

Advertisements
    So DH's jerks of a CoC gave us a weeks notice that the battalion ball is now mandatory and no stag allowed. I have a week to find a dress that fits and won't kill our bank account or I'm going in jeans and a tee-shirt. Any help would be appreciated.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  2. Senior Member
    Fuck that I'd go in jeans and a tshirt!

There's a david's bridal in Waco, and in Austin. You might go there and see if you can find a dress that doesn't need altering.

3. Senior Member
    Is there a kohls it Platos closet close to you? Is this a formal type ball? Could you do dress slacks a cutesy shirt and heels?
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Um ... I don't see how they can make spouses going to a ball mandatory. That sounds really off to me. You're not in the Army, they can't force you to go to a ball if that's not what you want to do.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Um ... I don't see how they can make spouses going to a ball mandatory. That sounds really off to me. You're not in the Army, they can't force you to go to a ball if that's not what you want to do.
    He is ordered to go but because it is a formal he can't go without a date. Therefore I have to go. I'm just wearing a cocktail dress I have and we are staying for 10 minutes, basically just long enough to sign in. If I have to vomit on the SGM to show that I need to go home then I will do that. I really dont care anymore.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  6. Senior Member
    Sears actually has some pretty dresses for cheap I was passing thru on the other day and stopped because they such like ball type dresses

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    — Dr. Seuss
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Ouch that's totally some BS!

If you were able to come up to Georgetown you could come with me to David's Bridal, I'm going for an appointment at 4:00!

But Kohl's or JC penny's seems to have some good dresses for cheaper I don't know if there's any in that area!

8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    He is ordered to go but because it is a formal he can't go without a date. Therefore I have to go. I'm just wearing a cocktail dress I have and we are staying for 10 minutes, basically just long enough to sign in. If I have to vomit on the SGM to show that I need to go home then I will do that. I really dont care anymore.

Must be an Army thing because I've gone with DH to formal events and there have been males and females there without dates.
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnicornBot! View Post

Must be an Army thing because I've gone with DH to formal events and there have been males and females there without dates.
    I always see people without dates too and we's army.

life's a party, rock your body
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    I always see people without dates too and we's army.
    He was told that he can't show up without a date. Wouldnt surprise me if its just this unit being asses.

― Rose Kennedy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast