Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Hood -- Housing Questions

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Fort Hood -- Housing Questions

Advertisements
    Hi my pretty Fort Hood ladies

SO I'm officially going to be moving to the Fort Hood/Killeen area in May

I just have questions for those living there already, we've already decided we're just going to try and find a place off post but I know the Killeen area is I guess less than appealing... I know there are OKAY areas but you know what kind of rep Killeen gets

So if you live off post, what area are you in, do you think it's safe, is rent pretty decent etc. Just all those general questions! We're going to start getting an idea on where we want to look and next month we're going to try and start finding a place so by the end of May or first week or two of June we can be moved!

Thanks!

2. Senior Member
    I live on post but if I were to live off post I would choose to live in Harker Heights. It's a much nicer area than most parts of Killeen in my opinion. Just stay off of Rancier (in Killeen). I'd never ever want to live near that street! Overall though, there's no area I've been that I feel like I'm going to get shot or anything and I've lived a pretty sheltered life Just areas I'd prefer to stay away from!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just fell in love with a house in Copperas Cove (DH and I live on post but are looking into possibly moving). The only downside is it's a little far from where I work... It's in a seemingly nice quiet little sub. I'd tell you where but no one is stealing it from me until I know for sure whether we're getting it or not

Check out AHRN - The Automated Housing Referral Network
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post
    I just fell in love with a house in Copperas Cove (DH and I live on post but are looking into possibly moving). The only downside is it's a little far from where I work... It's in a seemingly nice quiet little sub. I'd tell you where but no one is stealing it from me until I know for sure whether we're getting it or not

Check out AHRN - The Automated Housing Referral Network
    Well mehhh to you little missy! Haha just keeeding I hope it works out for you! I'll check that website out!

You know this means we're going to need to hang out more right

5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    I live on post but if I were to live off post I would choose to live in Harker Heights. It's a much nicer area than most parts of Killeen in my opinion. Just stay off of Rancier (in Killeen). I'd never ever want to live near that street! Overall though, there's no area I've been that I feel like I'm going to get shot or anything and I've lived a pretty sheltered life Just areas I'd prefer to stay away from!
    Oh heck yes to the bolded, I hate going around there just to go to post and my dad works on Fort Hood and has been there for about 20 years and I will still never go near that area

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    Well mehhh to you little missy! Haha just keeeding I hope it works out for you! I'll check that website out!

You know this means we're going to need to hang out more right
    Uh, yeah! Dh will probs be gone a ton around the time you're moving too... So you can keep me company so I don't go insane talking to the dog or something
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What is your budget?
  8. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    What is your budget?
    Mmmm we're not 100% sure just yet, I know I am going to work just because I have zero interest in staying at home.

I am not sure what Andrew's BAH and cost of living allowance will be either. Did you live on post or off post?

9. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post
    Uh, yeah! Dh will probs be gone a ton around the time you're moving too... So you can keep me company so I don't go insane talking to the dog or something

I will not let you turn into the crazy dog lady I promise.

Have you heard from V at all??? I haven't talked to her in awhile, I need to text her, just wondering if she's doing okay!

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post

I will not let you turn into the crazy dog lady I promise.

Have you heard from V at all??? I haven't talked to her in awhile, I need to text her, just wondering if she's doing okay!
    Good! lol

Yeah, you should def txt her. She's... changed her situation and I don't think it's right for me to talk about.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast