Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Need to Get to Fort Hood

  1. Regular Member
    techguymatt82's Avatar
    techguymatt82 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    3
    #1

    Need to Get to Fort Hood

    Advertisements
    Hey I know this is kind of odd to ask but, I am needing some help getting to and from Fort Hood this week...
    I really need to check up on my partner... Please can anyone help me?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #2
    That is odd - I take it you don't have your own source of transportation? I mean, are you asking for a ride, money or
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by techguymatt82 View Post
    Hey I know this is kind of odd to ask but, I am needing some help getting to and from Fort Hood this week...
    I really need to check up on my partner... Please can anyone help me?
    Also, why is it you need to "check up" on your partner - are you concerned for their safety or.......??
  4. Regular Member
    techguymatt82's Avatar
    techguymatt82 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    3
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    That is odd - I take it you don't have your own source of transportation? I mean, are you asking for a ride, money or
    no money just a ride.. my truck wont make it down there
  5. Regular Member
    techguymatt82's Avatar
    techguymatt82 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    3
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Also, why is it you need to "check up" on your partner - are you concerned for their safety or.......??
    yes his safety, he takes meds for PSTD and Nightmares
  6. Regular Member
    techguymatt82's Avatar
    techguymatt82 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    3
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Also, why is it you need to "check up" on your partner - are you concerned for their safety or.......??
    he had an episode tuesday and a friend of his (who is no longer there) brought me back sunday...
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #7
    If you are concerned for his safety, honestly the best thing to do would be to contact his family/friends/command/etc., depending on how much danger you believe he is in and how urgent it is. Moral support is a wonderful thing but if he is medicated for psychological issues and you are still fearful for his safety then it is best to seek professional help for him. That's not something that can wait a few days (or indefinitely if no Internet people are willing to spend hours ferrying you back and forth).
  8. Regular Member
    techguymatt82's Avatar
    techguymatt82 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    3
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    If you are concerned for his safety, honestly the best thing to do would be to contact his family/friends/command/etc., depending on how much danger you believe he is in and how urgent it is. Moral support is a wonderful thing but if he is medicated for psychological issues and you are still fearful for his safety then it is best to seek professional help for him. That's not something that can wait a few days (or indefinitely if no Internet people are willing to spend hours ferrying you back and forth).
    i will do that and see what happens and thank you for being up front about this
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #9
    Any update - noticed you posting in your Newbie thread just a bit ago..........
  10. Regular Member
    techguymatt82's Avatar
    techguymatt82 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    3
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Any update - noticed you posting in your Newbie thread just a bit ago..........
    he called me this morning and everything is fine, thank you for checking on the situation... once this job comes through, i will be able to see him every other weekend

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •