Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas, TX

1. Senior Member

Dallas, TX

Advertisements
    Hello all! I have a world of questions about the Dallas, TX area! We will be moving there in April, hubby is doing recruiting. We are going to be living in either Arlington or Irving. What are you opinions on the area? I have two boys, one who will be 8 when we move and one who will be turning 3. I will need elementary schools as well as either a preschool or daycare. Also, I need info on nursing schools in the area. TIA!!
  2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    I don't know anything about Dallas, but we just relocated (less than 48 hrs) to College Station, TX and so far I love the town and just Texas in general! Hope you enjoy it just as much when you get here!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  3. Senior Member
    Where is College Station? I am really looking forward to coming to TX!
  4. Senior Member
    First of all, I grew up in Plano, TX (near Dallas), so I'm a little biased, but I LOVE the DFW area. DH and I want to move back when he gets out of the military. Fort Worth is my favorite so far, because the people are so down-to-earth and nice, and it's near Arlington. You also have Six Flags there and there are a lot of businesses in general in the DFW area (restaurants, shopping, etc). I could go on and on, but I am jealous! I think you'll love it
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather0315 View Post
    Where is College Station? I am really looking forward to coming to TX!
    College Station is in south east Texas between Houston and Austin, and Home to Texas A&M.
  6. Senior Member
    I live a 2 hours east of Dallas. It's a great city, I don't know much about public schools except that my aunt teaches at the Mesquite public school system and that is where all my cousins went. Arlington is very touristy IMO. My godparents live in Irving and love it but they are an older retired couple. I love Texas and wouldn't want to be anywhere else feel free to PM me if you have any questions and I'll see what I can do to get answers for you. I have family all over the state.
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    question.. why Arlington or Irving?

There are ton of other areas that are better (IMO) than those two cities.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    question.. why Arlington or Irving?

There are ton of other areas that are better (IMO) than those two cities.
    Those were the two options that my husband got for his recruiting assignment. We are trying to decide between the two. Overall, I think Texas is going to be amazing for us and we are beyond excited to go there!
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather0315 View Post
    Those were the two options that my husband got for his recruiting assignment. We are trying to decide between the two. Overall, I think Texas is going to be amazing for us and we are beyond excited to go there!
    Oh, Ok. Well you don't have to live in those cities, there are some much better areas not far from Arlington or Irving. Within 10 miles.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Oh, Ok. Well you don't have to live in those cities, there are some much better areas not far from Arlington or Irving. Within 10 miles.
    Which areas would you recommend? We are totally open to all options, as long as the travel isn't horrible. We made that mistake here in WA and just the travel to and from post alone is brutal! So we don't want to repeat that this time! But we are open to any and all suggestions Thanks!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast