Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodfellow AFB

1. Regular Member

Nutts Goodfellow AFB

Advertisements
    In four months we will be moving to GAFB. We went to Texas for 3 days to basically "feel it out", and it seemed okay. The apartments were a bit of a strange process and I'm pretty sure I only saw a few out of many. I'm wondering if it is worth staying on base (it's only my husband and I) or finding an apartment off base. I found a better than average apartment complex called The Conquistadors; but it was literally on the busiest street in the area. We're losing $500 when we get here so we'll have a little over $900 for BAH. Is on base housing nicer than this Conquistador 1 bedroom one bath 700 sq. feet apartment I have found ? Also, can you have pets on base? We would really love it if we could bring our dog since we couldn't have him last time!
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    We lived in base housing (when we were there it was off base across the river by the outdoor rec). If its the same base housing, then I would say it is better than the 1 bedroom apartment. The housing we were in were 2 or 3 bedroom duplexes. Pets were allowed in the housing area we were in.

I looked up Conquistador Apartments and if its where it shows on the map, its actually not a bad area of town to live in. If it is going to be a normal 3 year tour, then I suggest living on base at first and then get a feel for where you want to live. We actually ended up moving out of housing and into a place in Wall (you'll know where that is almost as soon as you get there). Wall is all of 3-4 miles from the base.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

I was there with ExDB and we lived in the Sunset Apartments. Welcome to Sunset Apartments!

It was only for a short period of time, thank goodness. The apartments were not too bad, but our neighbors and what not were a little sketchy. But the area around it was not too bad. Mall, Albertsons, Hastings, etc. were right up the road. And it was about 7-10 mins from base.
  4. Regular Member
    A lady I talked to in town said something about Wall; but I couldn't even find it on my gps for some reason. Are there any apartments in Wall? We don't need much space at all so anything that fits within $900 is completely fine. Also, I just realized we will only be in San Angelo for 6 months. Can you live on base? DH says you can but we aren't sure?
  5. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

I cannot remember if you could live on base, I want to say no. Our apartment I told you about was 2 bedrooms/2 baths and was about 700 a month.
  6. Regular Member
    I remember the Sunset Apartments. We couldn't see anything in person since there was nothing available. When you say sketchy neighbors, what exactly do you mean?
  7. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

It was mostly the couple that lived next door to us. Just fighting and screaming a lot. And there was a few times they would knock on our door for "blunt wraps", cigarettes, etc. And people would be coming by their apartment at all times of the night and not staying long. Just little weird stuff. But that was the only thing that we saw and was an issue for us. Oh and no laundry in the apartment, but they have an area on site.
  8. Regular Member
    Oh I saw that there was a washer and dryer connection in the one bedroom. We have a washer and dryer so that would be great if we could use them.
  9. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

They may have upgraded them since we were there then! We were there back in 2006.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chels<3 View Post
    They may have upgraded them since we were there then! We were there back in 2006.
    DF stayed in Sunset App. last summer and he had a washer/dryer room in his 2 bed app.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast