Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCSing to Ft Hood in the near future

1. Lovin' him <3
    Lovin' him <3

PCSing to Ft Hood in the near future

Advertisements
    Any suggestions? I currently have a horse in Texas that I will be boarding at a friends. I'm working on trying to figure out what I'll be doing with my dog. She's currently being fostered by a lovely woman through the Guardian Angels for Soldiers Pet program, while I'm stationed here in Korea. I can not WAIT to get out of this freezing weather. Unfortunately I have to endure the entire winter and leave about the time it starts to warm up.

I don't know where I'll be going, I'm chemical so more than likely somewhere in the Chem Battalion down there. No biggy to me. It's better than where I'm at currently. It will be my second duty station and I'm so very excited. Never been to Texas before but there are a lot of horses and that I love since there's like, none here lol.

I am still with my boyfriend I met here in Korea. He is WONDERFUL. We've been together 6 months now and it's been pure bliss. Never been this happy, not even with my ex fiance of 4 years. Poor db has a conflict of interest in Hood so he's trying for Ft Bliss. I think this relationship will go the next step. It's been such a blast and I cannot wait to spend more time with him in the future.

Anyways. if any of you wonderful ladies have suggestions or great info for me, that would be awesome! I am going to try and be more active on here. I've just been so busy lately with this wonderful guy that I don't really get online much anymore. But next week starts hnalf days so I'll have plenty of time to come and chat with you =]
    Stuck in Camp Hovey
  2. Senior Member
    What do you need suggestions on? I've been living here since Feb. of this year. I will tell you, Killeen is no pretty city.
  3. Lovin' him <3
    Lovin' him <3
    I've heard plenty about Killeen. Going to try and avoid it as much as possible. At this point, I'm just looking for as much info as possible about Hood. I looked it up on google maps and am pretty bummed that Bliss is actually 8 hours away. I was under the impression that is was like 3 hours away for some reason lol. I think we'll be ok though. Just suck and won't see each other near as often as we'd like.

I think my main issue right now is trying to figure out what I'm going to end up doing with my dog. There is no way I'll put her in foster for 2 years while I finish my contract up. I know Sam and I are going to take the next step. In fact, I'll bring that up in the other part of the forums =P But I don't know when that will happen. SO I don't really know what will happen really.. I mean, I've been in for over a year now and still don't know much about the Army lol. I just do as I'm told lol.
    Stuck in Camp Hovey
  4. Regular Member
    I've lived here for 16 years, on and off post. So, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the area. I definitely know it. What all do you want to know?
  5. Regular Member
    Oh and as for your dog, you may be able to board her around here. Plenty of soldiers do it during deployments. There are some really nice places that don't use cages and offer military discounts. I'm sure if you contacted some of them, they'll work a plan out with you.
  6. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    DH and I just left there this past summer. With all the awesome memories we made, I actually miss it. A lot.

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for for your dog, but I *highly* recommend Pouncing Paws in Harker Heights. My dog LOVED it there. We used their doggy daycare, boarding and grooming services. The place doesn't look like much, but the people are so amazing and my dog absolutely LOVED going there. Every day I'd say, "Wanna go to school?" and he would go apeshit running for the front door. There are other doggy services around, but none can beat Pouncing Paws' prices, or their service.
  7. Lovin' him <3
    Lovin' him <3
    Well, the only thing is, are they day boarding? Or like permanent boarding? I will more than likely be living in the barracks since I'm an e-3. I might get lucky and get promotable status before I leave here but that's about it.
    Stuck in Camp Hovey
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

moving to ft. hood in march

Quote Originally Posted by TankerWife19K View Post
    I've lived here for 16 years, on and off post. So, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the area. I definitely know it. What all do you want to know?
    HI,

just saw this and would really like to get your opinion on off post vs. on post living! we are currently at JBLM and apparently the onpost housing situation is different than ft. hood. here, we can pick what neighborhood we want to live in.....there, you cannot? anyway, i've looked at surrounding areas on AHRN.COM and it looks like you can get a decent house for fairly decent rent. just looking online, the onpost housing looks pretty dated.....what are your thoughts since you've lived on both??? oh, we will be getting there end of march....

thanks!!!!