Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Goodfellow AFB (San Angelo) APARTMENT HELP!

1. Regular Member

Help Goodfellow AFB (San Angelo) APARTMENT HELP!

Advertisements
    Ugh every apartment I find online looks like cockroach fest 2000. Yucky. And every decent place I find is 800$ a month for rent not including anything and our BAH is only 900.

Is there anywhere that is somewhere in between? Has anyone been stationed here before and had a good experience with any of the apartments that look yucky online? Maybe they're just sucky at taking pictures. I don't know.

Hopefully someone knows more than I do
  2. Regular Member
    Oh and I have two cats so must be pet friendly!!
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    We lived out in Wall... rent was cheaper out there, and for us, school district was better. We were about 10 mins from base, 20 mins from downtown SA...

S/N: LOVE Goodfellow.. miss it alot...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    We lived out in Wall... rent was cheaper out there, and for us, school district was better. We were about 10 mins from base, 20 mins from downtown SA...

S/N: LOVE Goodfellow.. miss it alot...
    Thanks! I'll look and see if I can find anything there Did you live in an apartment complex? I haven't even seen the base yet but my husband said it was really really nice..Can't wait!
  5. Senior Member
    San Angelo is a fanstastic little town, would move back in heartbeat. Goodfellow is tiny but a nice little base too. I can't remember street names but theres an apartment complex right behind the mall I can remeber alot of airmen being able to afford that wasn't to shabby. And if you're going to be there for 30+ weeks, IMO i'd rather find a nice place at the top of my BAH
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    No, we found a smaller home to rent, 3 bed, 2 bath, kitchen, dining room and family room.
    We lived in base housing first, for about a year.. it was off base across the river by the rec center. The housing is pretty good if its your thing, it was too small for us. And we had a dog while living in housing and the rental.

You could also try further north just outside the city, or south... Eldorado and the other towns just south of San Angelo aren't that far... all depends if you want to commute or not.

The base is tiny, but very nice. San Angelo is a wonderful town, homey and just really nice.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

You might ask on their spouses group facebook page, too!

https://www.facebook.com/goodfellowcsc?ref=ts
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.