Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Things to do in Austin/SA/Houston/Dallas?

1. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥

Things to do in Austin/SA/Houston/Dallas?

Advertisements
    My brother will visiting and will be here on Monday! I'm really excited He'll be flying into Austin.

What is there to do in Austin? Any places you recommend? What about food? I'm thinking Mexican or BBQ, but we'll eat just about anything I have been very disappointed with the Mexican around here and the only BBQ place I have been to in that area is The Salt Lick which is good, but there has to be something even better out there!

I'm also thinking about showing him around in San Antonio (Riverwalk, maybe Six Flags or Sea World) and maybe go to Houston. What other places would you recommend there? What about Dallas? I haven't been to Dallas yet so that would be an experience for both of us
    live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it ♥
    coffee addict!
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Moody Gardens and the Kemah Boardwalk are awesome things to do in the Houston area.

3. verabot89
    verabot89
    There is a buttload to do in Austin!

Go to Barton Springs for sure. Eat at ANY of the restaurants along Barton Springs Road, they are all my favorite. I definitely also recommend Franklins for barbeque on the east side... I think it's 11th or 12th street right next to 35 on the east side. Z Tejas on west 6th, not far the from whole foods is another wonderful restaurant with great margaritas and a very cool atmosphere.

Downtown is awesome, especially Riverside for live music.

South Congress has tons of unique shops and fun things to do, along with good food.

You can take a tour of the capitol and the university.

I recommend taking a hike up Mt. Bonnell to get a beautiful view of the city as well.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm a San Antonio native and there's a ton of things to do there. Definitely the Riverwalk. The Alamo. The Tower of the Americas. Six Flags and SeaWorld (no idea if they are open this time of year). A nice mall to walk around is La Cantera if the weather is nice. It's an outdoor mall. There's literally a mexican restaurant every 5 minutes. My favorite is Nichas on 410. If you've not had it, Rudy's has great BBQ and it's right near SeaWorld. Ripley's Believe it or Not and the wax museum are downtown. Making me want to go home right now...