Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: off-post housing: Fort Hood

1. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥

off-post housing: Fort Hood

Advertisements
    When DH comes back from deployment this summer, we're going to move into a house I'm excited because I am sick of this apartment...kind of a ripoff for what we pay DH & I just can't decide if we want to rent or buy.

I know Killeen can be kind of...shady But the area we are looking at is the Clear Creek area. Any other suggestions? I know to try to stay south of 190

Do you have any suggestions on rental companies or suggestions on who to stay away from?
    live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it ♥
    coffee addict!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I live in Belton by the lake off of Sparta Rd. It's only about a 20 min. drive to base using the back road by the tank range. It's super quite and peaceful out here. I live in a 3bedroom 1bathroom house with a covered front porch and fenced in back yard and a 5 min. walk to Westcliff Park. And i only pay $750. Honestly these places out by the lake are few and far to come by....but spend the time and you will not regret it. I would also suggest in Copperas Cove. The traffic headed towards Cove at the end of the day is not as bad as headed towards Killeen. I've never lived in Killeen due to the high crime rate. Hope this helps.
  3. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Red Oak is pretty great. They're the company we're using to rent out our house when we leave. Off of Clear Creek, Bridgewood has newer homes for decent prices, depending on how much BAH you get. Does he work on that side of post?
  4. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss[Pregg]O View Post
    Red Oak is pretty great. They're the company we're using to rent out our house when we leave. Off of Clear Creek, Bridgewood has newer homes for decent prices, depending on how much BAH you get. Does he work on that side of post?
    He works close to the main gate, so living off of Clear Creek really wouldn't be that far for him.
    live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it ♥
    coffee addict!
  5. Senior Member
    Just a heads up. Clear Creek gate gets really backed up so if you do you'll want to add extra time to be sure he makes it to work on time.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  6. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    Just a heads up. Clear Creek gate gets really backed up so if you do you'll want to add extra time to be sure he makes it to work on time.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    coffee addict!
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by armywifey514 View Post
    He works close to the main gate, so living off of Clear Creek really wouldn't be that far for him.
    Okay. The clear creek gate and the main gate can both get pretty backed up. That's a pretty central location, so the neighborhoods off of Stan Schlueter or Trimmier might work too!
  8. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss[Pregg]O View Post
    Okay. The clear creek gate and the main gate can both get pretty backed up. That's a pretty central location, so the neighborhoods off of Stan Schlueter or Trimmier might work too!
    I currently live on Trimmier We haven't looked at houses in that location or off Stan Schleuter yet, though!
    coffee addict!
  9. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by armywifey514 View Post
    I currently live on Trimmier We haven't looked at houses in that location or off Stan Schleuter yet, though!
    Cool! We live off of SS, and DH takes the Fort Hood St. gate. IMO it can take forever no matter which way you go, but CC gate seems to back up the worst!