Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Where to live in El Paso if husband is working on Biggs Army Airfield?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Where to live in El Paso if husband is working on Biggs Army Airfield?

Advertisements
    So after picking out a bunch of homes off post, I find out that the hubs is apparently going to be working Biggs Army Airfield. What side of El Paso should we live on to have close/easy access?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Senior Member
    There's a base called "Biggs"? Well, that's pretty cool if I can say so myself
  3. Banned
    Banned
    seems to me definately the east/ne side but Moxie may no more about that. Ive looked at alot of places and you can find alot of reasonable nice places 10-15 min from Bliss which is right by Biggs Im looking at renting a house not an apt so not so sure about those.
  4. Senior Member
    Anywhere but the west side and below I-10. Biggs and Bliss are connected, so it's not like one is way harder to get to than the other. We lived up on Transmountain, and LOVED it. It was 10-15 minutes from everything, but we didn't have all the absurd traffic that the east side had.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Yep, northeast is gonna be your best bet. Central and east are pretty close too, but really anywhere you live you're gonna be driving at least 15 mins. I live on the west side which is pretty far but WAY nicer, IMO.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    Yep, northeast is gonna be your best bet. Central and east are pretty close too, but really anywhere you live you're gonna be driving at least 15 mins. I live on the west side which is pretty far but WAY nicer, IMO.
    I agree. You'll be far from the traffic of downtown which is always chaotic. Personally, I can't recall any apartment complexes near the Ft.Bliss area...I went to high school nearby and it was all residential houses so like Mox said, you'll still be driving a bit.

Oh...and I'm partial to the west side. Its further (mostly because of the mountain) but if you drive through Transmountain, its really not that far of a drive...again like 20 minutes.
  7. Senior Member
    East/northeast will be your best bet. My apartment on the west side was more than half an hour from Biggs. Now I live on the east side, and am only about 15 minutes from Biggs.
  8. Senior Member
    East. Dh is also working at Biggs. We live east and it takes him 10 minutes. We chose it here because he likes coming home for lunch. Anywhere else, I doubt he would have a chance. I also like that I am close to everything. It takes me less than 10 minutes to get to walmart, target, the mall, starbucks, you name it.
    (zip code is 79936 if that helps you). Good luck.