Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Housing in El Paso?

1. Senior Member

Confused Housing in El Paso?

Advertisements
    Hi all! I'm getting married in July and we are planning for me to move to El Paso soon after. DF is stationed at Fort Bliss. Do any of you have advice for off-base housing. I've looked at some complexes online, but have read some awful reviews. I figured you ladies would know best. Any advice or help is really appreciated!
  2. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

Were stationed about an hour away. I have a few friends that live there. Ill see if I can get some information for you
  3. Senior Member
    Thank you so much! Any help is appreciated!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We live at Puerta Villa at Cimarron apartments on the West side. Definitely love it. It's very clean. The area is safe with beautiful views of the mountain. Roughly 30 minutes from Ft. Bliss.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnontano View Post
    We live at Puerta Villa at Cimarron apartments on the West side. Definitely love it. It's very clean. The area is safe with beautiful views of the mountain. Roughly 30 minutes from Ft. Bliss.
    I'll have to check those out. How long have you been in El Paso?
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    About 1.5 months, and moved here from D.C.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I live in Las Cruces - which is 32 miles from El Paso and DB is stationed at Bliss. Do you know which half of the base he is working on? DB works on the Eastern half so if your SO will be on that half you would probably want to live in Eastern El Paso. If he is on the western half then west might be better. I am in El Paso ALLLLLLL the time, so if you see a place that you want a second pair of eyes on, feel free to msg me and I can swing by and snap some pics for you (The real unedited for marketing sake, kind - haha) Welcome to the southwest BTW
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnontano View Post
    About 1.5 months, and moved here from D.C.
    We used to be really close then! I live about 2 hours from DC. We should try to meet up next time I'm in El Paso. If not before the wedding, then after I move down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascilla View Post
    I live in Las Cruces - which is 32 miles from El Paso and DB is stationed at Bliss. Do you know which half of the base he is working on? DB works on the Eastern half so if your SO will be on that half you would probably want to live in Eastern El Paso. If he is on the western half then west might be better. I am in El Paso ALLLLLLL the time, so if you see a place that you want a second pair of eyes on, feel free to msg me and I can swing by and snap some pics for you (The real unedited for marketing sake, kind - haha) Welcome to the southwest BTW
    We actually just got our engagement photos done in Old Mesilla outside of Las Cruces. It's really pretty up there. DF works on the East side so I know living on that side would be a better option. In my opinion though, the west side is nicer. If you see any nice complexes when you are driving around El Paso let me know and I'll check them out. And when I come down we should meet up or something!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    We live in the Mountain Village apartments. They're pretty small but affordable. I wouldn't recommend if you hate driving, though, as we're almost up in the mountains and it takes 15 mins just to get on the highway, 35 mins total to Biggs or Bliss. The west side is a LOT nicer. Less crowded, nicer places, nicer people, less traffic.

We wanted to live in the Colinas del Sol apartments but they didn't have anything available when DH first got home from deployment, and now we're just too lazy to move

There is also a lot of off post military housing communities here if you're looking for a house. They're all run by Balfour Beatty.