Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

San Antonio

Advertisements
    Anyone here??
  2. Senior Member
    I'm from there We live two hours away currently, but both my and DH's parents live there.

3. Regular Member
    I live here in SA. My DB is in Afghan. Got questions?

DB:Everytime I look at your picture, I see my future
  4. aka karinaaahhh!
    aka karinaaahhh!
    I'm from there but currently in Austin. My momma's there so I come and go.

AwwSnail is my ducky
    SpaceHedgehog is my slipper twin!!
  5. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Fort Sam Houston is a possibility for DH and I am interested in the area. I found some housing in Converse and have been doing research on the area. I aopen to any info you can give on the area. The North star mall, sea world, Fiesta six flags, and the zoo have already been recomended. What else abot the area. crime rates?? commutes in the morning to post?? surrounding AF bases what are they like?? other must sees?? stay away froms??
  6. Senior Member
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My boyfriend lives there, till he goes to boot camp
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeccaCCK View Post
    Fort Sam Houston is a possibility for DH and I am interested in the area. I found some housing in Converse and have been doing research on the area. I aopen to any info you can give on the area. The North star mall, sea world, Fiesta six flags, and the zoo have already been recomended. What else abot the area. crime rates?? commutes in the morning to post?? surrounding AF bases what are they like?? other must sees?? stay away froms??
    I do not like Converse. It tends to be ..... well, ghetto. Universal City is a step up, and so is Live Oak. North Star mall is a good 20 minute drive from that area, and six flags is too. Sea world Is waaaaaaay down 1604, I'd say at least 30 minutes if not 40. The zoo is towards the Incarnate Word area which from 1604, is 10 minutes down 281. 281 is about 10 minutes from Converse. There really isn't much in the converse area. The traffic isn't bad though. Unless you're heading towards the forum area around 4-5 o'clock.

The forum and movie theater is in Live Oak. The forum is pretty neat, has a lot of stores and restaurants. La Cantera is a really nice outside shopping mall, towards the same direction as seaworld, about 25 minutes from Live Oak area.

Hope that's helpful! I'm sure my use of highway numbers means nothing to you

ETA: OH I forgot about Northwoods. It's kind of like the forum, another shopping center with lots of stores, a HEB plus, and an even nicer movie theater than in Live Oak.

ETA II: to give you more of an idea, six flags and La Cantera are right next to each other, you can watch the superman rollar coaster from some benches at La Cantera

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I do not like Converse. It tends to be ..... well, ghetto. Universal City is a step up, and so is Live Oak. North Star mall is a good 20 minute drive from that area, and six flags is too. Sea world Is waaaaaaay down 1604, I'd say at least 30 minutes if not 40. The zoo is towards the Incarnate Word area which from 1604, is 10 minutes down 281. 281 is about 10 minutes from Converse. There really isn't much in the converse area. The traffic isn't bad though. Unless you're heading towards the forum area around 4-5 o'clock.

The forum and movie theater is in Live Oak. The forum is pretty neat, has a lot of stores and restaurants. La Cantera is a really nice outside shopping mall, towards the same direction as seaworld, about 25 minutes from Live Oak area.

Hope that's helpful! I'm sure my use of highway numbers means nothing to you
    I've been to most of those places! DB lives sort of close to La Cantera, I went shopping there with his mom just a few weeks ago!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I've been to most of those places! DB lives sort of close to La Cantera, I went shopping there with his mom just a few weeks ago!
    DH LOVES La Cantera. He begs me to go there when we're home That's where we went when he got home from Germany and needed new clothes. It tends to be expensive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast