Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Apartment Complexes near Fort Bliss, Texas?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Apartment Complexes near Fort Bliss, Texas?

Advertisements
    Still riding the bottom of the wait list for housing(600 something) with a little over a month before we get there. Looking for an apartment complex in a nice area that is pet friendly.

Thanks in advance!
  2. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    What kind of pets?

I haven't lived there in a while but there were several apartment complexes around the base that allowed pets. Lots of them at that time didn't require security deposits for military either.

Google is your friend!!!!
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  3. Senior Member
    Legends of El Paso and Independence Place are pet friendly, depending on the size of the animal. There's a lot of apartment buildings on the West side (where I used to live), a little less on the East side (where I live now).

The West side is a lot more crowded and developed than the East side. It's also pretty far from post (about 25-30 minutes from main post, over half an hour from Biggs). But that's probably your best chance at finding a pet friendly apartment building.

Also, the website AHRN.com is amazing for finding housing. I used it to find our house on the East side.

That housing list moves like sludge. It's pretty much impossible to get on-post housing at Bliss because we're currently SEVERELY overcrowded. The 4-1 brought more than a thousand new troops in this year. Housing immediately near post is also scarce for this reason.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I've been checking out AHRN but I'm have no idea what side of town anything is on. Some say to live east. Others say live west. I'm unfortunately a planner and the idea of showing up without at least an idea of some places to look at drives me insane!