Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft. Riley transportation...

1. Senior Member

Ft. Riley transportation...

Advertisements
    sooo DF is headed to Ft Riley in a bit and we know he's flying out but we aren't sure about transportation to the base. He's flying in to Manhattan KS I believe (he's sleeping or I'd ask him) and he'll be getting in around 8pm. I was just trying to make sure there'd be some form of transportation to get him to the base!! I'm assuming that there is public transportation at least right?

He changed his flight from Atlanta to Kansas City to a flight from Rochester to Manhattan (cheaper than flying him back down to Atlanta!!) but now he's getting in a little later (which is OK, he checked with his drill sergeant before he booked it)...

Thanks for any info!!
    I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

2. Senior Member
    Look up Roadrunner.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  3. Senior Member
    I've used RoadRunner!

BUT, is he flying there like reporting for the first time or something? If so the Army would have transportation for him I'm sure. Also, I've taken a cab to Ft. Riley from the Manhattan airport, and it was only like 20$. Roadrunner would be cheaper .. but it only comes every 3 or 4 hours I think.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm surprised it was cheaper to go to Manhattan when I flew out there they were so expensive! Also, if you fly Great Lakes its this TINY airplane not even a jet it was called like a turboprop and had propellers. I never fly there again I always flew into KS .. usually cheaper and you can take roadrunner from there to Ft. Riley too haha .. or sometimes I'd rent a car. Just FYI if your not familiar with the area and he's headed there haha