Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Things to do in Dallas...

1. Regular Member

Help Things to do in Dallas...

Advertisements
    Hey everybody hope that all is well. Well Ive noticed that most folks ask info about moving to various places on this thread but I would just like info on fun things to do in the area and maybe romantic places to go or outside things to do. It is coming up on our every two month visit and we decided that we would meet in Dallas this time. The plan was to hang out with his cousin and her BF but his job sent him elsewhere for a few months (oddly enough she will be less than 20 miles from where I live..lol) I have only been in the airport in Dallas and I think he has only been there once and didnt really do too much. I know for sure that we are going to go to the 6th Floor museum and the few other things that revolve around JFK (I am a huge history nerd & try to incorporate it into every city I go to..lol) SO any other ideas & suggestions would be much appreciated whether that is things to do, places to eat, or whatever. Im always just content being with him so it really doesnt matter what we do but I try to have a few ideas to take him out of his element, relax, and enjoy life (and me of course)

So thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Senior Member
    DB is in TX right now, not Dallas. Him and a friend and their kid were going to go to Medieval times today in Dallas. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Sorry I can't be much more of a help.
  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I'm a Texan and although I've only been in Dallas like 7 times being it was a 3.5hour drive from where I grew up here's a good list of stuff.

1) Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park Dallas-http://www.gojump.com/ You can'r be afraid of falling or heights if you wanna do this you may poo a brick otherwise.

2) Peggy Sue BBQ Best Barbecue

3) Dallas World Aquarium- I say this because I go to every single aquarium I'm near and it's not the best but it's still nice. Like any aquarium it's tickets to get in are a little pricey.

4) Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens

5) The Sixth Floor Museum- Home | The Sixth Floor Museum this IMO is a most but I'm a

4) Dallas Zoo- Is eh I wasn't impressed but I've been twice.

6) Medieval Times! Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament Dallas Castle This is always fun IMO.

7) White Rock Lake Park

There are a few to get you started you can Google "Things to Do in Dallas" or something like that. I did that for San Diego when we moved here it helps give more of an idea of what they have.
    Signature removed due to size.
  4. FiFi89
    FiFi89
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    I'm a Texan and although I've only been in Dallas like 7 times being it was a 3.5hour drive from where I grew up here's a good list of stuff.

1) Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park Dallas-http://www.gojump.com/ You can'r be afraid of falling or heights if you wanna do this you may poo a brick otherwise.

2) Peggy Sue BBQ Best Barbecue

3) Dallas World Aquarium- I say this because I go to every single aquarium I'm near and it's not the best but it's still nice. Like any aquarium it's tickets to get in are a little pricey.

4) Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens

5) The Sixth Floor Museum- Home | The Sixth Floor Museum this IMO is a most but I'm a

4) Dallas Zoo- Is eh I wasn't impressed but I've been twice.

6) Medieval Times! Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament Dallas Castle This is always fun IMO.

7) White Rock Lake Park

There are a few to get you started you can Google "Things to Do in Dallas" or something like that. I did that for San Diego when we moved here it helps give more of an idea of what they have.

Oh gosh, yehh I hated the zoo! It was realllyy boring! Not impressive at all!
    Medieval Times was pretty fun actually! Lots of food too!
    Dallas Botanical Gardens was BEAUTIFUL!!
    Emm I guess for something fun to kill time theres always Ripleys Believe it or Not museum!

Emm...what else....Sporting events? Rodeo?
    Welcome to the Mesquite Championship Rodeo | Mesquite, Texas | Premiere Rodeo Events in Texas

I loved it!!!

Also for a night out, altho its in Fort Worth, depending on if you are driving or not, theres Billy Bobs Honky Tonk bar! I loved this place!!! Dancing, live band, bull riding, bbq food! It was soooo fun!
    Billy Bob's Texas - The World's Largest Honky Tonk

Have fun!

Fifi & Gavin
  5. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    We were just in Dallas the other weekend, we went to the Galleria and loved it! They have some great restaurants in there!
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Omg how did I forget Billy Bobs! The food is amazing and so are the owners. The owners are family friends of my family in North Texas. My second Cousin and his beautiful wife rented out the WHOLE restaurant and got married there they even danced by the bar.
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. Regular Member
    Thanks ladies for the great ideas! Fortunatly for me he doesnt care where we go just as long as we are together so I could drag him shopping and he would be ok with it. I love love love aquariums and we were just in Corpus Christi in February and had a great time and that one so I may check out the website for the Dallas one. I found out today that the Yankees will be playing the Rangers the weekend that we are there and I know he is a huge Yankees fan so Im going to get tickets We are both sports people so this should be a blast since neither of our hometown teams typically play the Yankees. Thanks for the food ideas too! I know when I go into a new city I want to try something new not go with the tradiational chains but you never really know about a place. Once again thanks for the ideas and if anything else pops into your head feel free to share!