Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Homemade fries!!

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Hungry Homemade fries!!

Advertisements
    I love doing these any chance I get. Not to mention, of all the things I can cook, this is the hubby's favorite.
    They've gone well with burgers, steak, grilled chicken and a lot more.

So, for just one cookie sheet of these, you'll need four fist-sized potatoes. What I usually use for spices are salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and old bay seasoning.

I take the pan and some canola oil on it (you can use any oil, I just use canola because it's cheap). I use a paper towel to wipe the pan down with the oil with a nice coat.
    If you like your fries nice and crispy like I do, cut your potatoes a little thinner. Also, I like to leave the skin on the potatoes. Lay the slices out on the pan, it's totally ok if they're touching. What I do is I them pour a little oil in to the bottle cap and generously cover the potato slices in oil.
    Put your spices on a pop in to the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (or until they look good to you).
    Sometimes, after the 30 minutes in the oven, I turn the heat off and cover the slices in shredded Mexican cheese and leave it in the oven until the cheese is melted (usually only take a couple minutes).
  2. Senior Member
    I love homemade fries. If you want an extra crunch and have some extra time, you can soak them in water for a half hour then let them drain about 15 minutes. It pulls some of the starch out.
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Mmmmmmmm. Those sound GOOD. Thanks for posting this recipe!
    I love making sweet potato fries, too. Now I'm hungry...
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ldk123 View Post
    I love homemade fries. If you want an extra crunch and have some extra time, you can soak them in water for a half hour then let them drain about 15 minutes. It pulls some of the starch out.
    This is a tip I'll have to use. I almost always make my fries from scratch (I fry them usually though).
  5. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    Quote Originally Posted by ldk123 View Post
    My grandma gave me this tip, and it is the best tip I ever got. It makes an extra crunch.. homemade fries goes good to almost everything