Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Old Threads

1. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech

Old Threads

Advertisements
    How old is "old"?

Is it okay to bump your own thread with an update or something? Is it only okay if the OP chooses to continue the discussion?

I thought threads in subject specific (anything other than General and Bored Room) were more okay to bump even if old if the topic remained relevant.

I've been here since 2006 and don't really know. I mean, I read the sticky for bumping old threads and it has a "rule of thumb" of one month or older. Also, if you want to continue the topic of another, yet old, thread, should you just start a new one and link to the old one or something?

Just curious. TIA.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    30 days is considered old. We generally leave things like recipes or groups stuff like that open. If you want to make a new thread on a subject you can make it, but we generally ask that you don't link to the other thread and be mindful of cross thread drama.

You can bump your own thread with an update, In that case I'd try to update the title.

Did I get all the questions?
  3. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelly View Post
    30 days is considered old. We generally leave things like recipes or groups stuff like that open. If you want to make a new thread on a subject you can make it, but we generally ask that you don't link to the other thread and be mindful of cross thread drama.

You can bump your own thread with an update, In that case I'd try to update the title.

Did I get all the questions?
    I think you did. I guess it's just odd to me if it's still relevant, but I understand the reasoning.