Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent His*PITA* Issue

1. Administrator
    Administrator

Recent His*PITA* Issue

Advertisements
    Hi all,

I've received complains from some members regarding His*PITA* (Sam) violated rules as a staff member, resulted from Boxing Ring issues. Some members are unhappy with Sam continue being a staff.
    I've also received quite a few positive feedback messages from members for His*PITA*.

My opinion on the matter. I did not manage to read the whole issue and the arguments. I understand that Sam probably abused her power in the view of some members.

His*PITA* (Sam), as an admin, has been very helpful ever since she took up the position.
    On top of the tedious job of moderating, attending to members' requests, Sam has been helping members and staff team to communicate their feedbacks to me, leading internal discussions to improve the community.

I wanted to let members know, it isn't an easy job to be a voluntary staff, trying to help other members and also be an individual, voicing her own opinions. Staff wants to participate in the discussions too.

Sometimes, a staff member (supposedly as a neutral party) might accidentally cross the line, becoming a little biased, or a little harsh on certain issues.
    We need to understand that a staff member is also a human with emotions, at times they also need help from other members.
    We need to be a little forgiving as there isn't a perfect mod in the world.

I have no intention to bring in a "political system", such as staff team re-election after every interval.

Perhaps the current staff team are not the most perfect dream team but I believe you will agree with me that the current staff team has been doing a great job!
    I really appreciate them for the help, managing the community out of their own free time for nothing but lots of stress in return.

Now that His*PITA* stepped down from the position in her own will, i hope the involved members will move on.
    Please kindly refrain from sending any kind of hate messages to her again.

We are here to make friends, learn and provide emotional support for those who need.
    Not to make enemies and feel upset.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QPrincess View Post
    Hi all,

I've received complains from some members regarding His*PITA* (Sam) violated rules as a staff member, resulted from Boxing Ring issues. Some members are unhappy with Sam continue being a staff.
    I've also received quite a few positive feedback messages from members for His*PITA*.

My opinion on the matter. I did not manage to read the whole issue and the arguments. I understand that Sam probably abused her power in the view of some members.

His*PITA* (Sam), as an admin, has been very helpful ever since she took up the position.
    On top of the tedious job of moderating, attending to members' requests, Sam has been helping members and staff team to communicate their feedbacks to me, leading internal discussions to improve the community.

I wanted to let members know, it isn't an easy job to be a voluntary staff, trying to help other members and also be an individual, voicing her own opinions. Staff wants to participate in the discussions too.

Sometimes, a staff member (supposedly as a neutral party) might accidentally cross the line, becoming a little biased, or a little harsh on certain issues.
    We need to understand that a staff member is also a human with emotions, at times they also need help from other members.
    We need to be a little forgiving as there isn't a perfect mod in the world.

I have no intention to bring in a "political system", such as staff team re-election after every interval.

Perhaps the current staff team are not the most perfect dream team but I believe you will agree with me that the current staff team has been doing a great job!
    I really appreciate them for the help, managing the community out of their own free time for nothing but lots of stress in return.

Now that His*PITA* stepped down from the position in her own will, i hope the involved members will move on.
    Please kindly refrain from sending any kind of hate messages to her again.

We are here to make friends, learn and provide emotional support for those who need.
    Not to make enemies and feel upset.
    I believe that the majority of the board is in agreement that staff members are human and have feelings and emotions as the rest of us do.

I have appreciation for what the staff does, but what happened with PITA (in reference to the BR) needed to occur. There were many instances (at least for me) where as a staff member, PITA made me feel uncomfortable and her comments were rude and uncalled for. Sure, that can be played into the "we're human" aspect, but as someone position of "authority", that should not occur so frequently.

ETA: Also, there have been other suggestions by members in regards to rules/votes/etc. My understanding is that the team of admin/mods come to you with those, is that correct?

Also, thank you for addressing the recent events.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Thank you for the taking the time to share your thoughts QP~!
  7. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0
  8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Pax, Aeon
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

thank you for responding to us, Qp
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    I believe that the majority of the board is in agreement that staff members are human and have feelings and emotions as the rest of us do.

I have appreciation for what the staff does, but what happened with PITA (in reference to the BR) needed to occur. There were many instances (at least for me) where as a staff member, PITA made me feel uncomfortable and her comments were rude and uncalled for. Sure, that can be played into the "we're human" aspect, but as someone position of "authority", that should not occur so frequently.

honestly, IMO, as the main admin i think you should read everything that happened. of course, i understand that you are probably busy and thats why you haven't but i think it would be important to do.

eta: i do appreciate the response and feedback though. thank you.
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast