Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What actually happens when someone is banned?

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    BAN ME

Quote Originally Posted by El Trina Fantastica View Post
    I think I may actually know what you are talking about (I just looked at the members online list) so that's why I want to experiment.

Awesome, take screenies for me, too. Message me when you are done on FB.
    I pm'ed you just to be sure we are talking about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    I'm totally thread jacking here-- because I have no idea what happens when someone is banned, but after I spent my evening doing a whole lot of reading, I was walking my dogs and thinking about all the crazy things that have went down on this site, and I was thinking to myself, HEY I haven't seen Rainbow Brite around in FOREVER, and I'm pretty sure that my siggy still has a quote from her in it! And here you are
    You know what? I've always admired that quote but never saw who it came from actively posting! And now I know!!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post

I'm only volunteering my experience as a member who had an account closed. When I tried to login after I thought my 6 months had passed, a message popped up stating that "this member has been banned from Msos" and when I tried logging in again, Msos wouldn't load at all stating my IP had been blocked. I always thought that was strange considering I only asked for my account to be closed.
    You'd have to take that up with QP. We don't have the power to ban IPs, that's a root admin thing. Very weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    Weren't you banned for a hot second
    I had my account closed for a while. I didn't try to log in during that time though.

Okay investigation complete. You know that big huge floaty drop down thing that pops up when you mouse over 'forum' in the red toolbar at the top? When you are banned that still pops up and shows you the forum list, but when you click on a forum it just gives you the "you are banned" screen. RB is getting a screen shot for me.

3. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Initial ban message:

Showing that I'm "in" Pillow Talk, but can't see anything:

Forum Drop-Down list, where I clicked on "Pillow Talk" to "access" it (see above):

What I can see logged out from the banned account:

4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Thanks RB!

5. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Not a problem!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    You know what? I've always admired that quote but never saw who it came from actively posting! And now I know!!
    Haha that quote was from a REALLLLLLLLLLY long time ago to be honest, I don't even remember what we were talking about, but I believe it was from one of the many late night threads we used to have just about every night!

On a different note, talking about the member list and banned people and what not, I have a question too, although I'm not sure if you can answer it or not Trina, next to a couple of members names on the members online list, there is a + sign, does that have any significant meaning? I noticed it a few days ago, but wasn't sure what it meant!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Haha that quote was from a REALLLLLLLLLLY long time ago to be honest, I don't even remember what we were talking about, but I believe it was from one of the many late night threads we used to have just about every night!

On a different note, talking about the member list and banned people and what not, I have a question too, although I'm not sure if you can answer it or not Trina, next to a couple of members names on the members online list, there is a + sign, does that have any significant meaning? I noticed it a few days ago, but wasn't sure what it meant!
    I miss those! We should have them again.
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

The + means they are on your contact list.

9. Banned
    Banned
    "For being a guinea pig"
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Interesting! Thanks for answering all my questions! And RB for being a guinea pig!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast