Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Mod Elections

1. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Advertisements
    Bad idea..it would be just a popularity contest. I'm wondering why each-any member who has a problem can't "report" a problem regarding a certain Mod to the other Mods and after so many reports a Mod can asked to step down. Unless, of course, the whole board thinks all the Mods are deceitful and wouldn't respond?
    This whole debacle just screams wrong, wrong, wrong. And I was here before the "dark period" and it appears it's heading down the same rotten path again.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Bad idea..it would be just a popularity contest. I'm wondering why each-any member who has a problem can't "report" a problem regarding a certain Mod to the other Mods and after so many reports a Mod can asked to step down. Unless, of course, the whole board thinks all the Mods are deceitful and wouldn't respond?
    This whole debacle just screams wrong, wrong, wrong. And I was here before the "dark period" and it appears it's heading down the same rotten path again.

Agreed.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  3. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I don't think it's heading down a rotten path. I think after all this blows over in a few days things will run smoothly. Suggestions here in this thread were thrown out to possibly try to prevent the issues that came to a head in the past couple days from happening again but since the one mod that so many people had problems with isn't here anymore things should flow pretty smooth.
  4. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    Agreed.
    As do I. This whole thing just makes me sick.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  5. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Don't agree. Last thing we need is a popularity contest for who runs the site.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  6. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries

Agree 100%
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  7. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    I also agree with Jayo. As usual! LOL

I don't see anything wrong with the mods we have in place. If something comes up as it did with Sam, then it should be addressed, but leave well enough alone at this point. If another mod needs to be put in place because of her absence, then that needs to be addressed. but an election? Nope.
  8. Senior Member
    I sort of feel bad for the Mods if there is an annual Mod review of some kind. It's like having to be subjected to a BR thread every year, even if you haven't done anything hugely wrong. I just see it getting brutal. I know I can be hard on the Mods at times, largely because I disagree with probably 2/3 of the TOS here, but in the end I know they are just regular members who have volunteered for a time-consuming, mostly thankless job. I don't know that forcing them to have an annual Airing of Grievances is the right thing to do. I guess I'm just afraid it would get ugly, fast.

I do understand why they might want to do a check in, as was mentioned, but I think it should be voluntary. If they are uncomfortable starting a thread like that out of the blue (as was mentioned) maybe there could be a section on the boards for it so that it would be legitimized and be an official "thing" and that might prevent some of the hesitance and the reluctance to do it for fear of looking like trolling for compliments or looking for attention.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678