Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Elections

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    Tojai (and all mods) I also want to add that I don't have any problems with current board staff. I was just bringing up something that I think would be a positive addition to the site moving forward. And I'm hoping to get some more opinions before I would contact QP.
    I understand. I just wanted to make sure ya'll knew who the right person to go to was if you decide that the elections etc. are something you want. Don't worry, I didn't take it personally or anything.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

The only difference between Admin and Moderator is how much we can edit. As an Admin I can edit user profiles and do things like reset passwords for members who don't have access to the email they signed up with, merge accounts when someone makes a second one, and change their usergroup if the board takes a million years to show their Jewel status or something. As far as the political process goes, Admins don't get more votes when we decide on rule changes or infractions or anything like that.

Figured I would answer since I actually have admin powers and can tell you what I can do.

3. sassypants
    sassypants
    Quote Originally Posted by El Trina Fantastica View Post
    The only difference between Admin and Moderator is how much we can edit. As an Admin I can edit user profiles and do things like reset passwords for members who don't have access to the email they signed up with, merge accounts when someone makes a second one, and change their usergroup if the board takes a million years to show their Jewel status or something. As far as the political process goes, Admins don't get more votes when we decide on rule changes or infractions or anything like that.

Figured I would answer since I actually have admin powers and can tell you what I can do.

OHHH so admin is like a mod, but has the technical ability to make the adjustments.
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    Bad idea. I think it will end up being a popularity contest rather than who is actually the best for the job. Dunno who would want it now though...
    I agree with all of this completely.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleWiggle~ View Post
    OHHH so admin is like a mod, but has the technical ability to make the adjustments.
    Yep exactly. ALL of staff can do the basic stuff, like moving threads, but when it comes to account issues that is Admin stuff.

ETA: HUGE board stuff like making new forums is only Root Admin which is QP.

6. sassypants
    sassypants
    Quote Originally Posted by El Trina Fantastica View Post
    Yep exactly. ALL of staff can do the basic stuff, like moving threads, but when it comes to account issues that is Admin stuff.

ETA: HUGE board stuff like making new forums is only Root Admin which is QP.

do you mind if I ask a techie question?
    what is this website coded in?

last nerdy question, sorry for the tempoary thread jack
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  7. Senior Member
    Bad idea. I think it will end up being a popularity contest rather than who is actually the best for the job. Dunno who would want it now though...
    I agree 100% with this.
  8. Senior Member
    Meh, after what happened to Sam I think we don't know each other as well as we think and with mods changing all the time one bad egg gets in there and the whole site goes to complete shit, people's info spread all over, just madness. Idk I just wouldn't be comfortable with it changing all the time, like everyone being privy to mod info concerns me.
  9. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

I like this idea
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    Meh, after what happened to Sam I think we don't know each other as well as we think and with mods changing all the time one bad egg gets in there and the whole site goes to complete shit, people's info spread all over, just madness. Idk I just wouldn't be comfortable with it changing all the time, like everyone being privy to mod info concerns me.
    I agree with both of these.

I Eelizah
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast