Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: So...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    Yeah, which ends up in more ToS violations vs than us just closing it as soon as it's seen/reported. I can report it for discussion though, if you'd guys like me to. I reported one earlier that's being discussed- can't remember if it's the same or not! ( A lot going on here with the forum and RL for me!)
    No that is not what I mean. Ladycat said that she saw several things in that thread that were being discussed... that it was not just one thing. In my experience, it is normally more than one thing that gets a thread closed.
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    No that is not what I mean. Ladycat said that she saw several things in that thread that were being discussed... that it was not just one thing. In my experience, it is normally more than one thing that gets a thread closed.
    Sometimes it is! Sorry for the misunderstanding!
  3. Senior Member
    In this thread, it was said that sometimes they remain closed, sometimes they are reopened, and sometimes they are archived.

Perhaps when a thread is archived, there could be a post, much like there is when someone is banned. Giving at least general info about what happened would add some transparency. The thread "Villanelle rules" was archived due to privacy concerns." When they just disappear, it always seems a little shady, even when it surely isn't.

Also, what is the deciding factor for when one is reopened and when it isn't? Is it that it remains closed if there was a violation (after staff makes that call) and reopened if there wasn't, or does it depend on other factors instead/as well?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    In this thread, it was said that sometimes they remain closed, sometimes they are reopened, and sometimes they are archived.

Perhaps when a thread is archived, there could be a post, much like there is when someone is banned. Giving at least general info about what happened would add some transparency. The thread "Villanelle rules" was archived due to privacy concerns." When they just disappear, it always seems a little shady, even when it surely isn't.

Also, what is the deciding factor for when one is reopened and when it isn't? Is it that it remains closed if there was a violation (after staff makes that call) and reopened if there wasn't, or does it depend on other factors instead/as well?
    That's a good suggestion, it truely isn't very often we archive threads. Generally yes, it'll remain closed if there's violations or be reopened if there wasn't. SOmetimes there's other factors like how long it's been closed, or sometimes jewels close their own venting threads and we get blamed
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post

I like this idea a lot.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345