Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Biebz<3 View Post
    I feel like this is akin to when two refs throw a flag at a football game and then when they all gather to meet, they're like "So...what was the penalty? Umm.. ??? Well... False start? Yea...sounds good." (The Blind Side, anyone?)

I know that comes off as snarky, and I'm sorry. I just really wonder WHAT was TOS violation in there considering the timing of its closure.
    No it's not, there was about 5 things that caught my attention. So I closed it for staff to discuss.
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    At least it wasn't completely taken off the boards (archived) this time. Yet.

life's a party, rock your body
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    At least it wasn't completely taken off the boards (archived) this time. Yet.
    I'm really trying to work with people here. Why the snark?
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
    I'm really trying to work with people here. Why the snark?
    I was serious. That is even harder to comprehend than a closed thread.

life's a party, rock your body
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
    No it's not, there was about 5 things that caught my attention. So I closed it for staff to discuss.
    Wait, doesn't there have to be a majority vote or something before a TOS violation is assigned? (Genuinely confused, no snark whatsoever) It seems as though RIGHT when Kat posted the picture it got closed.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    Wait, doesn't there have to be a majority vote or something before a TOS violation is assigned? (Genuinely confused, no snark whatsoever) It seems as though RIGHT when Kat posted the picture it got closed.
    We close to discuss TOS violations, so I guess I should have put "Closed for TOS Violation Discussion". I was actually going through the thread (I was way behind) and saw a few things before I even got to that page (I'm a 10 posts per page girl) that caused me to close it to start the discussion. Does that make sense?
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I think threads can be temporarily closed while mods discuss with other mods, then can either be reopened or archived depending upon the discussion outcome.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

On another board I am on, when a thread is closed, there is always a reason given. If the staff just want to discuss the thread and any possible violations, they put "closed for discussion" and when they decide they either reopen the thread, or change the reason "closed for personal attacks, advertising, spamming" most of the time, it does not even give away who was in violation.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I think threads can be temporarily closed while mods discuss with other mods, then can either be reopened or archived depending upon the discussion outcome.
    Yes, sometimes we temp. closed while we discuss or while we wait for other staff's input. Depending on the outcome, it can either be archived, reopened, or just left closed.
  10. Senior Member
    I do think it would go a long way toward preventing confusion and distrust if the nature of the violation(s) was disclosed. "Closed for possible TOS violations--Name calling and vague call outs" It might also make the Mods lives a smidge easier because people could get a sense of what had already been reported and they might not submit so many duplicates.

Also, is there a rationale for why TOS violations get a thread closed at all. If 100 people post in the thread and 2 violate TOS, why can't the discussion continue? Just because I call Villanelle a bitch doesn't mean other people shouldn't be able to continue their discussion. Infract me for my violation, but let everyone else who hasn't broken the rules continue to talk.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast