Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expiring Infractions

1. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas

Expiring Infractions

Advertisements
    Since it was brought up in another thread, making a new thread was suggested, so this is it.

Many times when there is a banning, many people are left stumped, and it often comes to light that they had many infractions, some of which were very old. In those banning threads, the idea of having infractions expires always comes up, but due to the drama, the heat of the moment, whatever, it is never seriously discussed. I know many members have brought up and backed the idea that, with the exception of troll behavior (spamming etc..), all infractions should expire. We all know that people can have a bad day, or even a bad moment, and if someone is a member here, those can accumulate and cause them to be banned. If someone is an AMAZING member, should one bad day twice a year cause them to be banned in 2 years?

I know that MSOS is not run as a democracy, but if many people want infractions to expire, is this something STAFF could consider?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Since it was brought up in another thread, making a new thread was suggested, so this is it.

Many times when there is a banning, many people are left stumped, and it often comes to light that they had many infractions, some of which were very old. In those banning threads, the idea of having infractions expires always comes up, but due to the drama, the heat of the moment, whatever, it is never seriously discussed. I know many members have brought up and backed the idea that, with the exception of troll behavior (spamming etc..), all infractions should expire. We all know that people can have a bad day, or even a bad moment, and if someone is a member here, those can accumulate and cause them to be banned. If someone is an AMAZING member, should one bad day twice a year cause them to be banned in 2 years?

I know that MSOS is not run as a democracy, but if many people want infractions to expire, is this something STAFF could consider?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I was under the impression that the majority of them already do.
  4. Senior Member
    As far as i know, some infractions do. It depends on the infraction, and severity, I believe.
  5. Senior Member
    I think the current setup is decent. Though I'm not a big fan of the fact that for example, a civility infraction could be permanent if I accidentally posted a naked person without warning. It seems like it wouldn't be an 'ongoing issue' and shouldn't be lingering. I feel like only multiple violations for the same issue should stick. But, I also feel like the staff members are pretty fair for what they have to work with.
  6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessym View Post
    I was under the impression that the majority of them already do.
    I'm pretty sure only a few expire.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Site Information Update

Staff is working on guidelines referring to what consequences go with what violations of TOS. Before we explain further please be aware that staff will continue to take the situation and context into consideration when issuing consequences. Overall, most violations will follow a "warning for a first offense, expiring infraction for a 2nd offense (whether its 6 months or 1 year will vary), and permanent infraction for a 3rd offense". TOS violations that fall under these guidelines are things like siggy size, OPSEC, curse words in thread titles, ect... things considered more "black and white"/"you did it or you didn't."
    Most expire unless you continue to break the same rule multiple times, within your allotted time period, or break a "major" TOS rule.
  8. Senior Member
    I was presuming they would but appreciate now knowing that they currently don't. I agree with Vino's suggestion.

I have an infraction for something that is now allowed but my infraction says it will never expire
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

It seems they do now but that doesn't change the people that got banned because having old ones and then a random new one and now can't ever come back. Some of which want to still. I do agree they should all expire as you said.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Site Information Update

Most expire unless you continue to break the same rule multiple times, within your allotted time period, or break a "major" TOS rule.
    Oh, so it IS the same rule? Good to know
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast