Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Expiring Infractions

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Advertisements
    I'd just like to point out that in a thread made back in November (Site Information Update) we stated that any infractions after a time can be appealed by simply starting a PC with Staff and discussing it:

If you have an older infraction that you would like to have revisited and reevaluated after time has passed, please start a Private Channel with Staff thread and discuss it with us. If you are dissatisfied with the final decision made, you also have the option to PM the owner of the site, QPrincess, in order to bring this to her attention.
    Our goal isn't to ban people. Our goal is to keep the board as friendly and as safe a place as we possibly can. (I'm going to generalize here) So, say you got an infraction 2 years ago, and in those 2 years you've shown that it was truly just a heat of the moment response, and you haven't racked up other infractions in that time, we're happy to discuss reversal with you.

2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Kat I know you already got the answer to your question but I just wanted to address one part of your post (generally).

There are a lot of people who have been banned (both before and after I came onto staff) who I don't consider a "horrible drain on the site." Sometimes it becomes apparent that MSOS isn't the best place for them, but honestly most of the bannings I can think of are not people who I thought were horrible drains. Lots of people I really like and miss have been banned ... it just comes down to them being unable to refrain from breaking TOS and it really sucks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234