Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Thread: Venting Forum Use

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Except the bolded is a no... but I am glad you seem to think you know me better then I do. Its also kind of funny that you are claiming I am calling anyone out, considering I addressed BOTH sides of the fence in my OP and in multiple comments throughout this thread.

BR is not the right place for this considering it applies to people who also don't have access to that area of the site.
    ....so...your OP was saying that you felt that the new trend of people replying with, "It's not such a big deal, " and, "Did you need to post this?" was talking about how productive and helpful those comments are? Or you were saying how they are unhelpful and upsetting for the poster of the thread? You can't talk about harshness negatively and then immediately backtrack and say, "Nooo I never said that it was disruptive or unhelpful!" Same goes for people being oversensitive. If folks are being oversensitive, refer to them specifically, not "soooome people".

And if 90% of the people who you feel are contributing to the problem can see BR, then BR is appropriate.

Bottom line. If you have an issue with an attitude exhibited by various posters, then quote them and call them out in the appropriate place. All you've done here is pitter patter around with vague callouts and even vaguer references in no man's land where people can't respond because it would be a "call out" or "lack of civility" or whatever folks want to call it this week because this is the wrong forum to say those things. It's damn near baiting and it's crap. If you have an issue with someone, suck it up and call them out or don't. This thread wasn't the appropriate or the mature way to handle it.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    ....so...your OP was saying that you felt that the new trend of people replying with, "It's not such a big deal, " and, "Did you need to post this?" was talking about how productive and helpful those comments are? Or you were saying how they are unhelpful and upsetting for the poster of the thread? You can't talk about harshness negatively and then immediately backtrack and say, "Nooo I never said that it was disruptive or unhelpful!" Same goes for people being oversensitive. If folks are being oversensitive, refer to them specifically, not "soooome people".

And if 90% of the people who you feel are contributing to the problem can see BR, then BR is appropriate.

Bottom line. If you have an issue with an attitude exhibited by various posters, then quote them and call them out in the appropriate place. All you've done here is pitter patter around with vague callouts and even vaguer references in no man's land where people can't respond because it would be a "call out" or "lack of civility" or whatever folks want to call it this week because this is the wrong forum to say those things. It's damn near baiting and it's crap. If you have an issue with someone, suck it up and call them out or don't. This thread wasn't the appropriate or the mature way to handle it.
    Ok Kat, thanks for your input.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Ok Kat, thanks for your input.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Closed for Violation of TOS.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425