Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Venting Forum Use

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    is this seriously all because I said "no big deal" in another thread? Holy overkill. People can vent about whatever the heck they want to vent about, and other people can comment on how they see it. no big deal (RUT ROH)
    Its actually been happening for the last few weeks and I finally decided to ask about it after a few others mentioned it to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    No I see it too and it's annoying as fuck. The venting board is for just that. Most of the time when people use it, their state of mind is angry, irritated, upset, etc. If you don't think its a big deal, move on. There's no need to make someone feel small or insignificant by invalidating their feelings. It does and solves nothing.
    And that is a great point that I think a lot of people forget when responding to venting threads.
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Absolutely! I am by no means saying people shouldn't share their opinion, the exact reason HR was created was for those who don't want to hear it. I just have noticed an excess of the bolded in venting. I also think the underline is perfectly fine way to tell someone that, I just haven't seen it worded that way very often.
    You have seen someone post "You shouldn't have posted this"?

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    No I see it too and it's annoying as fuck. The venting board is for just that. Most of the time when people use it, their state of mind is angry, irritated, upset, etc. If you don't think its a big deal, move on. There's no need to make someone feel small or insignificant by invalidating their feelings. It does and solves nothing.
    I have definitely seen it.. Personally, when I post in venting, I am not seeking advice. I am posting because I am angry, and although it may be minor to some, clearly it had an impact on me. That is how it generally is! A few members, who are normally debby downers throughout the boards, seem to have such an entitlement to tell people that their problems are just that.. small and minute.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    I have definitely seen it.. Personally, when I post in venting, I am not seeking advice. I am posting because I am angry, and although it may be minor to some, clearly it had an impact on me. That is how it generally is! A few members, who are normally debby downers throughout the boards, seem to have such an entitlement to tell people that their problems are just that.. small and minute.
    uhhh?
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Maybe post that you aren't looking for advice in your threads?

life's a party, rock your body
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    You have seen someone post "You shouldn't have posted this"?
    Meant to say I have seen comments that give that impression, no not those exact words that I can think of. Should have clarified.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Can we PLEASE be more specific instead of vaguely calling out members? Because I'm somebody who has tried to help you in the past (never with snark though) and even if this is not about me, it makes me feel as though it is. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Clarity would be nice in these situations.
  8. Senior Member
    I do. It seems like it derails the thread and just gets the OP more upset in most cases. I feel weird posting things in H&R unless it's 'I've had a shitty day, hug me'. Sometimes I want input but sometimes it's dismissive and very unhelpful. Not saying the point is to be helpful, exactly but it kind of pours salt on the wound when it happens. And I'm guilty of jumping on board too because when there's multiple pages of it it's hard to totally go on what seems like a tangent at that point.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Comments like the bolded are not going to help this conversation and are boarderline call outs. If you don't want advice, use the HR, thats what it is there for.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    Can we PLEASE be more specific instead of vaguely calling out members? Because I'm somebody who has tried to help you in the past (never with snark though) and even if this is not about me, it makes me feel as though it is. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Clarity would be nice in these situations.
    I'm not calling anyone out - especially not you. You have been helpful, and have offered great advice, as most of the board members have. But in the past, I have noticed that some reply to venting threads with such snark, and it is ridiculous. Just because someone's problem is meaningless to you (generalization) doesn't mean it hasn't impacted someone else. I know I am not alone in my beliefs, either.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast